Tweetbot 3 vs Twitterrific 5

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
So I'm torn. I keep hearing people act like tweetbot is the best thing since sliced bread but also hear Twitterrific is also amazing. I like the fact that Twitterrific is universal and tweetbot 3 still isn't available for iPads yet.

So I want to know the pros and cons of each not just "tweetbot is better" etc...

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

Eddster

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I love Tweetbot. I use it on my iPhone, iPad, and my iMac. The iPad and iMac apps haven't been (visually) updated but the functionality is still there. In other words, the iPhone app has the iOS 7 look where as the iPad app still has the old iOS 6, but it still rocks. I love that Tweetbot uses iCloud to sync across devices. I LOVE that you can "quick reply" to notifications in Mavericks. I REALLY hope this functionality comes to iPhone soon ( for both Messages and Tweetbot). All in all, I've found Tweetbot to be the most full-featured AND polished twitter client for iOS/OSX.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I like them both honestly. I think Tweetbot 3 gets the go ahead here as it loads more than 100 tweets per API call. I still can't get a good answer from the devs of Twitterriffic as to why they won't do this. I like the look and feel of them both.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I love Tweetbot, it's among the first app I download on any new iOS device that I pick up. Since I purchased it, I haven't used another Twitter app because it has every feature that I'd like.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I think Twitteriffic was the very first app that I ever bought. It's been on my all my iPhones since my 3G. I still have about 5 twitter apps on my phone that I like to use.

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I think Twitteriffic was the very first app that I ever bought. It's been on my all my iPhones since my 3G. I still have about 5 twitter apps on my phone that I like to use.

Me also, ive noticed your posts before when i have posted on this topic, ive been back using the default though for a few months, i switch back and forth between that and tweetbot

EJM13

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
It's because of the unified timeline. They're pulling timeline, DM's and @messages so in essence they're requesting 300 but it's 100 per.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I was a heavy Tweetbot user but as my Twitter usage has decreased I've gone back to the official Twitter app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I was a heavy Tweetbot user but as my Twitter usage has decreased I've gone back to the official Twitter app

Same here. I pretty much tweet in spurts now, but even when I delete the Tweetbot app in lieu of the official Twitter app, I always end up reinstalling it. ;)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Have never used or even opened the Official Twitter app. I use Twitterrfic even though my us usage is low as well but I really like the app. I have been using it since the day Rene Ritchie did a write up on the Blog some time ago.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Have never used or even opened the Official Twitter app. I use Twitterrfic even though my us usage is low as well but I really like the app. I have been using it since the day Rene Ritchie did a write up on the Blog some time ago.

I think I've tried them all but Tweetbot is the only one I've used for any length of time aside from the official Twitter app

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I think I've tried them all but Tweetbot is the only one I've used for any length of time aside from the official Twitter app

Individual ease of what works best for you and what it has for me that allows as i said. Ease of use.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I would use the Twitter app only if they would add dark theme. I use Tweetbot just for the dark theme.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
So guys I've decided on Twitterriffic. I've heard all over the web that Tweetbot has awful support/feedback from the devs. For that reason alone I don't want to use/support tweetbot. Also twitterrific looks better x100.

unshaken

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
Would someone be willing to walk through and troubleshoot syncing Tweetbot for iPhone and iPad? I have searched and followed instructions but I still don't end up in the same spot when I switch devices. I'd be so willing to purchase Tweetbot for Mac if I had any hope that all three would sync. Eddster, you have all three working. Can you provide some assistance? Thanks!

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I keep trying Twitterrific and keep deleting it. Background updating does not work no matter what I do, it will not pull more than 70 tweets at a time. Granted, it's nice looking but this keeps me from using it.

I so want to use Ubersocial Pro all the time, but that app doesn't have access to the iOS share sheet, so if I want to kick an link over to PInboard, I have to open it in Safari and then do that.