Tweetbot 3 vs Twitterrific 5

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
So guys I've decided on Twitterriffic. I've heard all over the web that Tweetbot has awful support/feedback from the devs. For that reason alone I don't want to use/support tweetbot. Also twitterrific looks better x100.

This has not been my experience at all. The guys at Tweetbot have always been responsive and helpful for me. Like many, I am anxiously awaiting the interface update to match iOS 8.x, but I have no issues with their support.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk v3.2.1.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Fortunately, I haven't needed any support with Tweetbot. So I have no experience there. But I love the app. It took some getting used to, but it's great. I like the Twitter app too, but I really need a dark theme for my eyes. I enjoyed the free version of Echofon for a while until the ads got too intrusive.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I have always used tweetbot and decided to give twitterrific a chance. I have both apps and love them both equally. For me, they both seem almost exactly the same in terms of options. Both sync my time line perfectly as expected and I love the dark mode on both. Twitterrific offers a universal app with iPad support and also offers landscape mode. Tweetbot doesn't offer landscape buy is apparently in the works and very close to release. Their much needed iPad refresh is also in the works. The only thing that I don't like about twitterrific is that their dark mode is very dark and their font color isn't very bright. So it's hard sometimes to read the smaller timeline writing. Also their color choices for highlighting your retweets and replies are annoying and can't be changed (purple and orange). Tweetbot just keeps them the same color. I asked twitterrific support if they can give us the option to change these in the future and they said not really. That's the only thing I don't like about twitterrific. On my iPad I uninstalled tweetbot and use twitterrific exclusively. On my phone I have both and resorted back to tweetbot for now. And another thing I like about tweetbot is swipe to go back. Twitterrific doesn't do this, and even places the back button all the way at the top right corner which is a pain. I again asked if they would implement swipe back and they said no. For me, they both have their ups and downs. But are equally near perfect apps for twitter. They are both worth the money they cost.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Tweetbot 3 is the best thing. I haven't used twitterrific 5

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

Well then you really can't say one is better than the other of you haven't used both. Tweetbot is indeed near perfect but definitely has its faults too.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Well then you really can't say one is better than the other of you haven't used both. Tweetbot is indeed near perfect but definitely has its faults too.

Lol. I've just seen reviews on it.... Wasn't really struck by what I saw.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77