- iMore Intermediate
- 271 Posts
A WIFI spectrum analyzer
Does anyone know of an iPhone or iPad app that will let look at the 2 WIFI RF bands and see what WIFI devices are on each band? Android has a good 1, WIFI Analyze, and i was looking for 1 similar for the iPhone/iPad. There is 1 app I found but you have to buy a $299 analyzer dongle. The Android app doesn't require any thing extra.
- 03-15-2014, 10:25 AM #2
- 09-15-2015, 10:26 AM #4iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Re: A WIFI spectrum analyzer
I used WiFi Analyze on my Android and started researching this when I moved to iPhone. There aren't any. Apple has taken all of them off of the store (unless they use a dongle). And the single dongle app that I found is limited to 2.4Ghz.
Here's a link to an article about it...
Or not... stupid system won't let me post links.
Obviously, replace DOT with .
Keep an old Android phone around with WiFi Analyze (or WiFi Explorer) for this, I guess.
- 09-15-2015, 11:02 AM #5
- By accactg in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 12Last Post: 06-18-2015, 12:53 PM
- By GusHerb in forum iOS 7.1Replies: 14Last Post: 03-14-2014, 04:59 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 03-07-2014, 07:23 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 03-04-2014, 08:48 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-04-2014, 09:35 AM