New Update On Flappy Bird By ABC News and Creator

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
So I'm looking around on eBay and people are selling their iPhones that have flappy birds installed for up to $5000. Very curious to see if anyone will actually purchase them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

antheauxny

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
So I'm looking around on eBay and people are selling their iPhones that have flappy birds installed for up to $5000. Very curious to see if anyone will actually purchase them.

I've been seeing them in Craigslist in my area as well. Some are selling them on Android too. It's ridiculous.

My thing is, don't you have to be logged in to the App Store with Apple I.D to even have the game downloaded? So people are basically selling their phones with their accounts still attached to them. At least that's how I see it, lol.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I think the whole thing is ridiculous. Has his 15 min of fame ended yet? I can't believe this is even news.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Trust me this Developer may say it ruined his life while he is running all the way to the bank as a Millionaire.

Last edited:

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Recap he pulled it for fear of it becoming an addiction oh well

I read he's the Dev of the year and death threads this is getting comical

Well back to the PIPES 🐦

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Believe it or not, some people aren't seeking fortune and fame. In certain places around the world, becoming wealthy and famous can be detrimental to one's health because it breeds hope to others looking for a way out of poverty and the powers that be might find that threatening. Personally, I do believe the developer when he says that the attention has ruined his quiet & simple life, but I DO NOT believe him when he says that he pulled the app because it has become addicting to those who play it. Still, I respect his choice to pull the app from the App Store.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Do you have 50K meaning 50,000 downloads as opposed to the 50 Million downloads!! Either one I could deal with...:)

I think they meant $50k a day. The ads still show up in the app so I think he is still making the money. It was just a stunt to make people get the app.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I've been seeing them in Craigslist in my area as well. Some are selling them on Android too. It's ridiculous.

My thing is, don't you have to be logged in to the App Store with Apple I.D to even have the game downloaded? So people are basically selling their phones with their accounts still attached to them. At least that's how I see it, lol.

You can download it and then remove the Apple ID from the device. If you buy an Android device with that game on it for that much you are stupid. You can just get the apk file and save yourself the couple thousand bucks.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW