Google Now Push Notifications help

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
I've had the Google search app installed from the beginning. The latest version has the ability to push notify you of upcoming events and other relevant cards.
Unfortunately I have never got a single push notification from this app. I have my notifications turned on in settings. I am signed in. I've deleted the app and reloaded it. I can see the Now cards when I open the app.
Anyone have any ideas what's going on. I am currently trying to troubleshoot this with a test calendar entry that has an address location. This SHOULD generate the appropriate notification. It does create the card in the Google App but never push notifies me.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In the App Store, I've quickly read through the improvements of each version, including the current one, and nowhere did see any mention of "push" notifications. I did see where "notifications" is mentioned with version 3.1.0, but it didn't specify whether push, time-based or location-based. Check out the iMore Blog's review of it via the following link:

http://www.imore.com/google-search-ios-adds-notifications-reminders-and-more

Anyway, since you have everything set up correctly, try a reboot and see if it helps.

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
In the App Store, I've quickly read through the improvements of each version, including the current one, and nowhere did see any mention of "push" notifications. I did see where "notifications" is mentioned with version 3.1.0, but it didn't specify whether push, time-based or location-based. Check out the iMore Blog's review of it via the following link:

Google Search for iOS adds notifications, reminders, and more! | iMore

Anyway, since you have everything set up correctly, try a reboot and see if it helps.

If you read through that link you'll see in the comments that others do get push notifications.
Here is a link to the press release video that states push notifications
Updated Google Search app for iPhone and iPad - YouTube

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner