Say The Name - A Family Fun Name Guessing Game for iPad
Hello iMore community,
I am from Desert Cipher and am excited to announce that our new app Say The Name is now available on the Apple App Store for iPad.
What is it?
Say The Name is a name-guessing game that can be played with family and friends. It is like 'verbal charades', where you are presented with a name of someone famous and have to describe that name to your team. Each turn, you have 60 seconds to get your team to say as many names as possible. Names are taken from our database of 1000 names and include celebrities, musicians, actors, authors, historical figures and more.
How to play?
Detailed game rules are also included within the game and can be viewed at any time during gameplay.
Say The Name is a team game for 4 or more players. The game is divided into rounds, and each round every team will play once. The total number of rounds is decided during initial game set-up so the game can be as long or as short as you want.
Each round, one of your team will be the PLAYER, and the rest of your team will be the GUESSER(S). The PLAYER will be the only one who can see the iPad screen. However, everyone else in your team will be able to hear sounds so they know what is happening. The PLAYER will see a randomly selected name of a well-known person on the screen. They need to describe it to their team. Once one of their team members correctly says the name, the PLAYER simply hits the big green check button and another name will be selected. Once the 60 seconds is over, the PLAYER will pass the iPad to the next team and the next PLAYER will get ready to start their turn.
The PLAYER can use a number of methods to describe the person. These include:
- Saying their initials (e.g. M.J. for Michael Jackson)
- Say if they are male or female.
- Describe what they are famous for (e.g. they wrote a bestselling book called…)
- Say who they are associated with, providing they don’t have the same name (e.g. She was married to Brad Pitt)
- Imitations (e.g. accents, catchphrases, body expressions, singing)
- Break the name into smaller phrases (e.g. Church + Hill)
However, the PLAYER cannot:
- Say their name, or part of the name.
- Say something that rhymes with their name (e.g. bike for Mike)
- Say the name of the band etc. if it contains the same name (e.g. Bon Jovi)
- Point to pictures, draw, etc. the person they are describing.
Who is it for?
Anyone! This is a family game that is suitable for anyone of any age. For the best experience, we recommend that you should be at least 12 years old to play. This is because the game can be quite challenging at times. However, there is no reason why those under 12 cannot participate and help shout out answers for their team.
How to win?
Every time a name is guessed, 2 points are awarded. At the end of all the rounds, the team with the most points wins. If there is a tie situation, then additional rounds will be played until a winner is decided.
- Platform: iOS 7 + for iPad 2 or more
- Mode: Teams, 4 or more players
- Recommended Age: 12+
- Price: $0.99 US
- Available: worldwide
Thank you for reading this post and if you have any feedback or questions about this app then I would be happy to help.