BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Keep the ideas coming, please :)

A few more ideas:

1. Give an option of 'blank' or none for the weather data slots on top part next to main temp. This would allow customization for those who don't want to show quite as much info.

2. On the radar map loop use about 2 hours of data and smooth out the loop. Or slow it down slightly. Seems a bit choppy and fast for the current amount of data. I think about 2 hours in 20-30 minutes slices would look better.

Great app!

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
The wind reading is not showing up completely. See pic. (I do have the Display View set to Zoomed).

I’m sure that’s a function of having the display set to Zoomed. It makes the objects larger, and therefore reduces the amount of space available to display the full text. Compare with this screenshot - I have display set to Standard:

View attachment 70755

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Pfluger:

Have you considered tweaks to the widget to allow more information by expanding sections? The app will display 7 days of weather forecast, but the widget only shows 3 days. I understand that?s due to space limitations of giving the widget a smaller footprint. But could you provide an option to click a "+" button to expand that to the full 7 days forecast? The same with the Text Forecast.

Also, why is the Minute Forecast only available on the GPS location? That would be valuable info for other locations, as well.

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes, that is what I thought. Thx for showing the pic.

Maybe change the order of the description. Say 5 WNW mph instead of 5 mph WNW since mph is constant and most people are not going to change btwn mph and kpm once they set for their location.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
A few more ideas:

1. Give an option of 'blank' or none for the weather data slots on top part next to main temp. This would allow customization for those who don't want to show quite as much info.

Nice.

2. On the radar map loop use about 2 hours of data and smooth out the loop. Or slow it down slightly. Seems a bit choppy and fast for the current amount of data. I think about 2 hours in 20-30 minutes slices would look better.

Great app!

We are using the radar loop as supplied by wunderground. Slowing it down is an option though.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Pfluger:

Have you considered tweaks to the widget to allow more information by expanding sections? The app will display 7 days of weather forecast, but the widget only shows 3 days. I understand that?s due to space limitations of giving the widget a smaller footprint. But could you provide an option to click a "+" button to expand that to the full 7 days forecast? The same with the Text Forecast.
Yes, we did consider this. The problem is iOS will cut off the widget at the bottom once it grows to large.

Also, why is the Minute Forecast only available on the GPS location? That would be valuable info for other locations, as well.
The minutely forecast is accurate up to a few hundred feet. A couple of blocks away it could be different. It only really makes sense for a very narrow location.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Pfluger:

Have you considered tweaks to the widget to allow more information by expanding sections? The app will display 7 days of weather forecast, but the widget only shows 3 days. I understand that’s due to space limitations of giving the widget a smaller footprint. But could you provide an option to click a "+" button to expand that to the full 7 days forecast? The same with the Text Forecast.
Yes, we did consider this. The problem is iOS will cut off the widget at the bottom once it grows too large.

The minutely forecast is accurate up to a few hundred feet. A couple of blocks away it could be different. It only really makes sense for a very narrow location.

Last edited:

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Yes. I usually close that way immediately after I finish with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Closing an app that way will kill any background and push notification tasks the app has running.

They will only be restarted the next time you launch the app.

That's why you don't see the icon badge update. The recurring task responsible for this has been killed.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Closing an app that way will kill any background and push notification tasks the app has running.

They will only be restarted the next time you launch the app.

That's why you don't see the icon badge update. The recurring task responsible for this has been killed.
I used to close my apps that way every day. Then I learned it's best to leave them be. iOS manages RAM very well. Closing them out just takes more resources. I still have the same issues with the widgets. But it may be the Launcher widget doing it. I deleted 4 on Launcher, but no change. But as I said, if it's working for everyone else, that's great. 3 sections is OK for me. Sometimes 4 will stick.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I used to close my apps that way every day. Then I learned it's best to leave them be. iOS manages RAM very well. Closing them out just takes more resources. I still have the same issues with the widgets. But it may be the Launcher widget doing it. I deleted 4 on Launcher, but no change. But as I said, if it's working for everyone else, that's great. 3 sections is OK for me. Sometimes 4 will stick.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
Do you still have the problems if you remove the launcher widget and have BeWeather as the only widget?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Do you still have the problems if you remove the launcher widget and have BeWeather as the only widget?
I removed 4 of the 20 on Launcher. Launcher is the only other widget I have besides BeWeather 2. Do you think it makes that much difference with Launcher? Launcher would be a lot of trouble to put back on. Especially using the custom PNG icons. I'll try removing 4 more and see if that helps.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro