BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare

blueszz

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Quick question, is there a problem with alerts? For my location nothing shows up with Beweather but it could be the forecast. For my location it's often "off", like now. No gusts/storm warning and the prediction for the amount of rain also is different from what I see elsewhere. Example, Beweather predicts 3mm rain for tomorrow while on national level we got a warning for almost 15mm with a storm warning.
Maybe it was discussed previously, from where does Beweather gets its data? I assume it doesn't show a weather alert because the prediction is so different from other sources.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Quick question, is there a problem with alerts? For my location nothing shows up with Beweather but it could be the forecast. For my location it's often "off", like now. No gusts/storm warning and the prediction for the amount of rain also is different from what I see elsewhere. Example, Beweather predicts 3mm rain for tomorrow while on national level we got a warning for almost 15mm with a storm warning.
Maybe it was discussed previously, from where does Beweather gets its data? I assume it doesn't show a weather alert because the prediction is so different from other sources.
It depends on how you have it set. I have a choice of several personal weather stations. I choose the one closest to me as my current location. They are the same stations that weather underground uses. It's usually more accurate than the info from the airport. Depends on how close to the airport you are. I set the airport as my other local weather. Their info comes from the National Weather Service. The personal weather stations obtain their own stats. These are the weather freaks. But they do a good job with the weather info. If one doesn't seem right, switch to a different station. Tap the location at the top to see the list.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415059354.506597.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

blueszz

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I've set mine to an air port near by (max 12km) , one that collects data for KNMI (national weather service). The data are correct but predictions are off compared to the national and regional forecast.
I'll try some other weather stations to see if the predictions change. I've quite a few to choose from in a circle of 15km.
Didn't think of trying that ☺

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Good job with the latest update. No more bouncing widget!

I don’t have any active weather alerts, but curious to know if the issue with the main weather icon being tucked up under the banner (in the app) is still there.

And I’m still lobbying for an option to bold the temperature on the app screen (like it is on the widget).

View attachment 70592 View attachment 70593

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Haven't noticed problems with the widget. App is working good also. Good update so far. I will do more testing when I get home.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Still a no go on my phone. Improved though. It will show 3 sections ok now. But 4 or more do not work. I had 4 on one, but as soon as I tapped to change location, it vanished. All else looks OK.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Still a no go on my phone. Improved though. It will show 3 sections ok now. But 4 or more do not work. I had 4 on one, but as soon as I tapped to change location, it vanished. All else looks OK.

Custom iconset? Did you re-select the iconset for the widget in the BeWeather settings?

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Updated to latest beta. Haven't messed with it much, but at least my widget's working again. I have had that since the last beta.
Anyway, odd problem in the app. On my second location only, the hourly and text forecast don't appear. My primary and 3rd, 4th, etc locations are fine. And I don't think weather reporting is down for that location because the hourly and text show up for that location in the widget.
View attachment 70588
When you tap the text forecast to expand it, does it show?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
There appears to be an issue (consistency) with the font setting. I have both the app and widget font set to Avenir, yet it looks different - look at the curve of the '7' on the app screen as opposed to the '7' on the widget screen.

View attachment 70597View attachment 70598

Apparently the font for the temp in the App does not change to a font you select. It stays the same.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
That’s unfortunate. Why would you be able to tweak every font in the app except that one? Doesn't make sense to me.

I agree this would make sense. Why not the main Temp font? Maybe in a future update, Lets get this BeWeather2 to the app store.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
That?s unfortunate. Why would you be able to tweak every font in the app except that one? Doesn't make sense to me.
My guess is they want something iOS 7ish looking to appease Apple. (joking). I'd like it to change as well. I don't care for the thin lines either. I'm with you on a bolder font for the temp in the App. When iOS 7 first came out, I could not read the date on the Calendar app icon.