BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Widget with 5 locations, all sections enabled, custom font/theme/iconset on iPhone 5s.

Anyone with an iPhone 5s or up seeing a "Failed to load" message when using the widget?

blueszz

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. Looks like it only happens for location that have an active weather alert.
Not too sure about that.
Blackhawk had an active alert too but the display was fine, but that location was added while using another build.

I will test again and report back my findings.

Edit: didn't run into this problem now but only found locations without weather alerts.

What I did notice is that when you zoom in on the map and accidentally turn it by for instance 45 degrees (f.i. north now pointing towards NNE) there is no easy way to correct this.
Not a big deal but would be neat if it's possible.

Last edited:

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Widget with 5 locations, all sections enabled, custom font/theme/iconset on iPhone 5s.

Anyone with an iPhone 5s or up seeing a "Failed to load" message when using the widget?

http://youtu.be/PaHlLxOuQ-Q

I'm on a 6 plus and it happens somewhat randomly. When it shows unable to load, opening the app itself seems to correct it the next time I open NC. This is when using icon sets other than the default set.

The app itself is still not updating in the background, only when the app is opened.

Still the best weather app and improving. I think we all appreciate the attention you are giving this.

Sent from my AWESOME iPhone 6 Plus, using Tapatalk of course.

lizinnyc

May 7, 2011
Visit site
This is a great app, and getting better and better!!!

Noticed one this this morning: I changed the icons in both the app and widget. The app icons changed immediately in the app but I had to reboot for the widget icons to update.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I am not able to get the rain info on my widget. I restored as new last night and still nothing. Didn't work before either. This is a 6.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414849331.335637.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414849303.876690.jpg

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I added another location that had rain and it still didn't show. I even tried deleting the text forecast to see if that helped and it did not.

ISSUE: when I deleted that location it kept it in the widget. I could no longer scroll in the widget to a new location to clear it.

BigMike535

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Good idea and makes sense.

Here is a video of how it should look like. Does it look any different on your device?
I pull the forecast down slowly until the map snaps into fullscreen. Then I swipe up on the toolbar to close.
BeWeather 2 Map Closing - YouTube

Yes, that's exactly how it looks. It's much smoother with this build and it doesn't "snap" closed anymore. I was expecting to be able to control the closing transition like I can when it opens, but it turns out that I'm not really controlling the open transition as much as I thought I was either. 😏 I think it's acceptable as it is right now. I would rarely ever try to stop the closing transition outside of a beta test, and evidently I never tried to control the opening one inside of a beta test! Now I'm wondering how many other swiping transitions I haven't really been controlling this whole time...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You can swipe up on the toolbar (the bottom panel with the play/pause button, timeline, hurricane button etc.) to close the map. It is not "interactive", so you can not slowly drag it up, it will just recognize a swipe and then close it.

The swipe up does work if the swipe is quick. I flick it quickly, and all locations behave. Swipe up slow, and some don't come down enough at the top. This is weird. For the widgets that normally work but vanish for whatever reason, I can pull up to refresh, and the widget reappears. It's like pulling down email to refresh, only this is from the bottom. It could just be coincidence. But it has worked a few times. I like the new Pro Gray theme. Everything seems ok on my iP 5, except the widget stability issue. My 5 does the same way as Karen's 6+. So it must not be the Phone model.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

BigMike535

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
The swipe up does work if the swipe is quick. I flick it quickly, and all locations behave. Swipe up slow, and some don't come down enough at the top. This is weird. For the widgets that normally work but vanish for whatever reason, I can pull up to refresh, and the widget reappears. It's like pulling down email to refresh, only this is from the bottom. It could just be coincidence. But it has worked a few times. I like the new Pro Gray theme. Everything seems ok on my iP 5, except the widget stability issue. My 5 does the same way as Karen's 6+. So it must not be the Phone model.

I just opened and closed it about 100 times, with 4 different locations, at different speeds, and from varying locations along the bottom panel. It worked every time, except when I tried to swipe before it finished the open sequence, but that's just a timing issue on my part. No issues, no glitches, it just did what it was supposed to do.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I just opened and closed it about 100 times, with 4 different locations, at different speeds, and from varying locations along the bottom panel. It worked every time, except when I tried to swipe before it finished the open sequence, but that's just a timing issue on my part. No issues, no glitches, it just did what it was supposed to do.
I prefer to tap the X. Swiping is overrated. :D

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Can we get a new theme that has dark blue font with a light background? The light blue font is a bit too light and hard to read.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW