BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've had the widget crash several times this morning and have had to delete it and re-add it. I have the default icon set in the widget but the bewitching weather set for the app.

He said it works best if the app and widget are set with the same iconset. Have you tried "Witchy Woman"? Here's some more about ground clutter. Note the mileage.
Echoes from objects like buildings and hills appear in almost all radar reflectivity images. This "ground clutter" generally appears within a radius of 25 miles of the radar as a roughly circular region with a random pattern. An mathematical algorithm can be applied to the radar data to remove echoes where the echo intensity changes rapidly in an unrealistic fashion. These "No Clutter" images are available on the web site. Use these images with caution; ground clutter removal techniques can remove some real echoes, too.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I can't get the widget to display at all now with the new beta.

A more minor thing, after the update, the settings panel showed my icon set but the forecast didn't use it. I had to re select it.

It looks like it reset my iconset and font settings in both the app and the widget. Still running through my list.

EDIT: I see what you mean, Karen. The name of the iconset was correct, but the displayed iconset was the default set. I reset the font, as well, but not 100% sure that it was incorrect.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
The stability of the widget has become worse instead of better. Still testing the new beta

Sent from my GOLD s
using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I can get some to work but not most. So far. At least the map is staying closed. I get an iconset to work, but when I tap to change location it goes away.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414787410.712422.jpg

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
A couple of observations from 2.0.22:

Widget:
Tapping on the Minutely Forecast no longer tries to display the rain graph, as stated by Pfluger (above).

App:
  • Settings > Map Preview > [OFF] does hide the map. The screen says that to see the full map, pull down on the weather data, but I cannot get that to work.
  • Tapping on any of the 4 positions around the main weather icon and temp opens a list of available weather information settings that can replace the current info. Was not aware of that in the previous versions.
  • Settings > 24-Hour Time does not appear to be working. I have it [ON], yet it shows Reported At: 1:03 pm.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
The actual app is working good for me. It's the widget that's giving me problems now. It was working better before this last update.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Pulling down to get the full map works for me.
The tapping on the four positions around the main temp has been there for a while I think.

Yes the ability to change the four positions around the main temp has been there. I'm not having any problems that I can see with the main app. Except the 24hr setting

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
A couple of observations from 2.0.22:

Widget:
Tapping on the Minutely Forecast no longer tries to display the rain graph, as stated by Pfluger (above).

App:
  • Settings > Map Preview > [OFF] does hide the map. The screen says that to see the full map, pull down on the weather data, but I cannot get that to work.
  • Tapping on any of the 4 positions around the main weather icon and temp opens a list of available weather information settings that can replace the current info. Was not aware of that in the previous versions.
  • Settings > 24-Hour Time does not appear to be working. I have it [ON], yet it shows Reported At: 1:03 pm.

In number 3 about tapping on the 4 positions, I pointed that out with a screenshot in an earlier comment.
My map and screen works fine now.
Those widget iconsets though. SMH Gotta be a way to stabilize those.
My phone has crashed twice since checking out this update. That's never happened before for any reason. I'm at 95% battery, then suddenly the Apple logo appears.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Pulling down to get the full map works for me.
The tapping on the four positions around the main temp has been there for a while I think.

Got it. I was trying to pull down on the temp area. If I pull down on the Daily Forecast area, it works.

I think I’m pretty happy with this version. I would still like to see the current temp on the App bolded to match the way it is displayed on the widget. I’d like it to "pop" a bit. Otherwise, it’s working great.

The 24-hour clock thing is a little annoying, but I just turned it off for now, and it’s all good. No major concerns.

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I just loaded all of the options. No problem with the widget disappearing but the text forecast now is cut off by my calendar widget.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414790776.400056.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stepchild

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
This update is working good on my iPhone 5s. I have tried several icon sets and they all work fine. The only thing I see different is fantastical widget, which is right below BeWeather widget, slides up when I first pull down NC, but it then goes back and stays there. Which to me is not a problem. I am using all five widgets.

stepchild

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
This update is working good on my iPhone 5s. I have tried several icon sets and they all work fine. The only thing I see different is fantastical widget, which is right below BeWeather widget, slides up when I first pull down NC, but it then goes back and stays there. Which to me is not a problem. I am using all five widgets.

The widget right under BeWeather in NC is now covering up part of the text. It also does not matter what widget is under it same results.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

I see that too. It’s almost like a slow "bounce" of the widget below BeWeather 2. It’s not Fantastical, but ANY widget immediately below BeWeather. I move my widgets around, and the issue follows the widget below BeWeather, regardless of where it is on the list of widgets (top, middle, bottom) or what it is.

BigMike535

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
All 5 widgets are working fine on my 5s. I've tried 3 different icon sets so far. It does collapse and expand at first, but that could just be the NC doing that since I've seen others do the same. I've learned that I have to wait a second for NC to refresh before I can tap or scroll.

I'd like the icon set menus to auto scroll to the selected set upon loading. This would make it a whole lot easier to test them out. That's a big list.

The swipe up motion to close the map works great and makes a whole lot more sense, but it doesn't have a fluid transition. Or any transition at all. The top and bottom panes just snap closed. It also skips a bit when opening. It's obviously 2 seperate screens trying to transition in sync, but they're not cooperating with each other. Is anyone else seeing this or am I just due for a restart? iOS 8 has been full of skips and battery leaks so far. Big changes under the hood, I suppose.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
The swipe up motion to close the map works great and makes a whole lot more sense, but it doesn't have a fluid transition. Or any transition at all. The top and bottom panes just snap closed. It also skips a bit when opening. It's obviously 2 seperate screens trying to transition in sync, but they're not cooperating with each other. Is anyone else seeing this or am I just due for a restart? iOS 8 has been full of skips and battery leaks so far. Big changes under the hood, I suppose.

I’m have the Map Preview OFF, so I don’t have that option. I can pull down on the Daily Forecast and the weather map opens up. Then I tap the X in the upper left corner, and the top/bottom of the screen close together to hide the map. Using that process, it’s "like buttah". :)

If I turn Map Preview ON, and do as you describe, it’s like the bottom part of the screen is sliding up until the map is hidden, and then it continues up another little bit. Not sure how else it could work, short of just slamming into the top of the screen and stopping. But it’s definitely not as smooth/elegant as the X to close as when Map Preview is OFF.

Also, with Map Preview ON, tapping the X from the full-screen map just returns you to the default screen with the weather map partially opened. I prefer Map Preview OFF, personally.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro