BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare

blueszz

May 15, 2014
Visit site
the problem I have with the map opening is on the location menu page. If I'm on the location menu page, and pull down the Notification Center Screen, it opens the map. It's not a big issue.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
Doesn't happen on my phone, does it happen while you edit the locations?

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
App crash after removing the second location in a row, 2 out of 4. This time however it remembered what I removed and didn't have to start over. It seemed to crash later in the process, hopefully the crash report will tell you what went wrong..
Widget items loaded fine with the icon sets I tried, all of them (5) together. However still have a problem with the layout from the rain info graphic in the widget (not within the app)

Also, like you can see it doesn't show any rain in the graph, might have to do with the radar your source uses. The second graph is from another app, or has been all day like this, consistently.

After deleting the two locations I couldn't swipe the menu to the left, previously I could with this build, only not after deleting the locations.
The rain graph is only available in the US and UK. Not sure what location your are at.

It may also differ from the "current conditions" because it is taken from your actual GPS location. The "current conditions" are a weather station further away. It could be raining there, but not at your location.

blueszz

May 15, 2014
Visit site
The rain graph is only available in the US and UK. Not sure what location your are at.

It may also differ from the "current conditions" because it is taken from your actual GPS location. The "current conditions" are a weather station further away. It could be raining there, but not at your location.
I'm in the Netherlands, so that is why it isn't working :)
Too bad, it's a favorite feature. Have to live with it I guess :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone tried creating a custom iconset? I created a couple of PNG images and ran them through Dropbox for the URL. So, how do I go from here to a .zip file with the extension changed to .bwi? I don't have a clue how to do that.

I'm loving it!

Woo hoo, witchy woman
See how high she flies
Woo hoo, witchy woman
She got the moon in her eyes
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414630208.222289.jpg

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tried creating a custom iconset? I created a couple of PNG images and ran them through Dropbox for the URL. So, how do I go from here to a .zip file with the extension changed to .bwi? I don't have a clue how to do that.

I'm loving it!

Woo hoo, witchy woman
See how high she flies
Woo hoo, witchy woman
She got the moon in her eyes
View attachment 69989

I played with it a bit. The icon set that I was using was not square (default appears to be 160 x 160). Mine were like 175 x 130, so they came out looking scrunched

You can try them if you like. Will need to get the Dropbox url.

Here's the URL:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8942924/hank.bwi

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I played with it a bit. The icon set that I was using was not square (default appears to be 160 x 160). Mine were like 175 x 130, so they came out looking scrunched

Is all I need the Dropbox URL? Mine are Square. Don't know the res size. I can check.
They were 2160x2160. I resized to 160x160. Is that all I need do?

Navmacs

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
For the last few days, the right side of the app menu window has been cut off on my iPad (so I can't get to the Settings button. Also, since the latest update, my chosen icon set shows in the app, but not in the Notification Center. I'd post screenshots, but for some reason Tapatalk isn't letting me do that right now.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
For the last few days, the right side of the app menu window has been cut off on my iPad (so I can't get to the Settings button. Also, since the latest update, my chosen icon set shows in the app, but not in the Notification Center. I'd post screenshots, but for some reason Tapatalk isn't letting me do that right now.

They have separate sets now. You need to set the app and the NC screen to the same iconset.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Here's the URL:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8942924/hank.bwi
How do you know what to put in the URL? I have what came from Dropbox. But it doesn't look like yours. This is mine:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ep1bo4nl6ns13nm/Photo Oct 29, 8 13 15 PM (1).png?dl=0

So what do I do?

Navmacs

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
They have separate sets now. You need to set the app and the NC screen to the same iconset.

Unfortunately, I can't do that, because I can't get to the Settings button on the iPad. Works fine on the iPhone, though.

Navmacs

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
image.jpg

Note that the temperature and the Settings button are both cut off. I can see them for an instant when the window opens and closes, but can't press the button when it flashes by.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
How do you know what to put in the URL? I have what came from Dropbox. But it doesn't look like yours. This is mine:

So what do I do?

Are you on Mac OS X?

1. Create a folder
2. Put all the PNG files in there, make sure the naming is correct
3. Select all the PNG files in the folder, then open the context menu and select 'Compress'
4. It will create a new Archive.zip file, just rename it to anything you like i.e. 'My Iconset.zip'
5. Move the .zip file to your Dropbox 'Public' folder
6. Right click the .zip file in the 'Public' folder and select 'Copy Public Link'
7. Paste that URL into an e-mail and send it to your phone, there you can copy it again and paste it into BeWeather

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

So what do I do?

Are you on Mac OS X?

1. Create a folder
2. Put all the PNG files in there, make sure the naming is correct
3. Select all the PNG files in the folder, then open the context menu and select 'Compress'
4. It will create a new Archive.zip file, just rename it to anything you like i.e. 'My Iconset.zip'
5. Move the .zip file to your Dropbox 'Public' folder
6. Right click the .zip file in the 'Public' folder and select 'Copy Public Link'
7. Paste that URL into an e-mail and send it to your phone, there you can copy it again and paste it into BeWeather

Sorry, Keith. I missed your question. Thanks, Pfluger.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative