BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I forgot to add, the iOS version does not use the moon (m0-m30) icons. Just copy them from my sample iconset so it is complete.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If BeWeather obtains local weather info from Weather Underground, shouldn't BeWeather be able to access the same weather stations as WU? In the WU app, there is a station that is quite close to my home, but it is not available in BW.
I have a station like that close by here. Sometimes they're just not up and running. I never know when I can get them. They were up when I started the BeWeather testing. Gone now though. And sometimes weather underground changes the location name. The station number ID is the same, but it may say Forest Hills rather than North Florence. I just try to stick to the ones closest to my home. Usually just 1 or 2 miles.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I have a station like that close by here. Sometimes they're just not up and running. I never know when I can get them. They were up when I started the BeWeather testing. Gone now though. And sometimes weather underground changes the location name. The station number ID is the same, but it may say Forest Hills rather than North Florence. I just try to stick to the ones closest to my home. Usually just 1 or 2 miles.

Yes, the safest bet when it comes to the weather stations is to use the airport stations.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I just went into TestFlight to look at the update log, and the BeWeather Beta was gone. Is there another Beta on the way?

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Any idea as to a time table when we will be able to add our own weather icons ( custom weather sets)?

The version after the currently pending one will have support for custom icons.

I just went into TestFlight to look at the update log, and the BeWeather Beta was gone. Is there another Beta on the way?

Yes, update version 2.0.18 is pending approval. Based on the last review times it should become available today.

Changes iin 2.0.18:

• More widget reliability improvements
  • Added support for setting separate iconset for widget
  • Added support for custom widget themes
  • Added customizable weather data slots to widget
  • Added app version string to settings screen
  • Tapping status bar scrolls the LocationPageViewController back to default
  • Potential fix for several crashes

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I think it is the same problem I was having earlier today. After the developer has submitted a new update but Apple hasn't published it yet, you can't download the old beta or the new beta.

I had the same issue with this and another app via Test Flight. Seems the mail app is better at deciphering the Test Flight links than the GMail app.

In order for the app to download via Test Flight I had to use the mail app.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Super, wil test again as soon as I have the update.

I have another idea which is not yet implemented in the app. In the widget you have that graph for rain fall. I have another app with such a graph (buienalarm) and it warns you before it starts to rain. For instance one hour before it starts raining. You can modify when you want that alarm (a notification) is triggered. Low, moderate or heavy rain.

I don't know if "buienalarm" is available worldwide so you might not be able to download it to check it out. Buienalarm works for the Netherlands and I think for Belgium.

Maybe a nice feature for future builds?

Dark Sky does that here in the US. I think there are other apps that get their data from Dark Sky to do much the same.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Pfluger: can I get a response on my request to do the settings switch for the map issue (posts 546 and 548)? It is reasonable? Do-able?

Also, I’d like to see the larger current temp (in the app) to be bolded as it appears to be in the widget.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Pfluger: can I get a response on my request to do the settings switch for the map issue (posts 546 and 548)? It is reasonable? Do-able?
We are already testing different variations of the idea. There should be something in the next build (the one after the one that is currently pending approval).
Also, I’d like to see the larger current temp (in the app) to be bolded as it appears to be in the widget.
This might make sense on the 6 Plus, but on the smaller phones it is too heavy.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Definitely enjoying the app and widget so far?another suggestion though. Would it be possible for three widget to include the humidity %?
You will be able to customize what to show on the two fields next to the temperature on the widget just like you can with the four fields in the app.

beweather2_screenshot_customizewidget.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I still use the iPhone 5 with the 4" screen, and I'd like to see bolder temp numbers in the App. Not real fat, but not real thin lines either. Apple started that in iOS 7. I hated it. I could barely read the date on the Calendar app. I love dark themes. Too much these days is hard to read, with the thin washed out light gray printed text. I have yet to find an email client with a dark theme. It's like nobody wants you to see anything. Not everyone has 20/20 vision. One of my favorite photo editing apps is Facetune. I can no longer read the print in the App. I emailed the developer, and he refered to it as the "Modern Design Sensibilities". I had another name for it. My favorite email client is CloudMagic. But I can't read it without straining my eyes. Has everyone run out of black ink? Rant over.

Suavechef

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
So far I have had no complaints... The one thing I would add is weather alerts to the today screen widget. Just the option to show them would be great. Where I libe had a freeze warning last night (one of the first of the season) and the weather underground widget had a weather notification. Just a thought.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
The next build is finally in review and should be available shortly.

This version has improved reliability for the today widget. Unfortunately due to a bug this does not work when different weather icon sets are used for app and widget. Please make sure to always use the same icons for both the app and the widget in this version!

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
This is such an awesome way to improve an app: Thanks pfluger! I wish more developers will take this route.
Side note: Would it be possible for 3-widget to include "feels like"? Or would people think it's redundant?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The next build is finally in review and should be available shortly.

This version has improved reliability for the today widget. Unfortunately due to a bug this does not work when different weather icon sets are used for app and widget. Please make sure to always use the same icons for both the app and the widget in this version!
Thanks! I didn't know you could use different iconsets for the app and widget. I've been using the same one for both. I want to use a custom iconset, but I've got to figure out how. I have created the PNG image, and took it to Dropbox and gave it a url. But this is where I get lost. Someone here will help me with that.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This is such an awesome way to improve an app: Thanks pfluger! I wish more developers will take this route.
Side note: Would it be possible for 3-widget to include "feels like"? Or would people think it's redundant?
The widget section "Current Conditions" already shows "Feels Like". For me, that's the main section. Or do I not understand your question?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It said in an email I had an update, but it's not there.?
Never mind. Old unopened mail.