BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare

SMELTN

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I seem to have a bug where when I have the widget set to show hourly forecast the widget will disappear and randomly appear again or not appear at all and say "unable to load"

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I seem to have a bug where when I have the widget set to show hourly forecast the widget will disappear and randomly appear again or not appear at all and say "unable to load"
Yes, many of us have the same problem. It seems some iconsets will work with 3 or more sections, and some not. Most will work well with just 2 sections. The default works for 3 or more sections. He's working on it. Try other iconsets. I've been testing them, and have found some I've had some success with. Your milage may vary, however. These seem to work ok on my NC.
There may be others. I'm not done testing.
Classic
3D Stickers (maybe)
AccuBW
Art School (maybe)
Awesome Weather
Baby Pajamas
Baby Pajamas with Glow
BilliardWeather
Bright Delight Weather
Cliche Weather (almost)
Tiny Realism
Kuwaii Weather
Kapow! Boom!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes Sittard in the Netherlands. Time was set to 24 hours, 5c was the night temperature.

I didn't mean to make such a deal of the temp there. It's just that when I first glanced at the temp, and saw 5?, I thought it was Fahrenheit. But I quickly realized it was Celsius. And Google told me it was in the Netherlands.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I’m curious about the format for the iconsets. I have several in .png format that I use with GeekTool on my OS X desktop. I have one that I really like, and that I would like to use for BeWeather.

I’d love to know what changes I need to make to package them for BeWeather.

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
These seem to work ok on my NC. There may be others. I'm not done testing.
Classic
3D Stickers (maybe)
AccuBW
Art School (maybe)
Awesome Weather
Baby Pajamas
Baby Pajamas with Glow
BilliardWeather
Bright Delight Weather
Cliche Weather (almost)
Tiny Realism
Kuwaii Weather
Kapow! Boom!.
Thanks for taking the time.
(Side note: One must cherish an iconset of glowing Baby Pajamas...:heart: )

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I’d also like to see a Settings option for turning the map off by default in the App. I don’t want to see it every time I launch the app, but if I need it, I want to be able to get to it quickly.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I?m curious about the format for the iconsets. I have several in .png format that I use with GeekTool on my OS X desktop. I have one that I really like, and that I would like to use for BeWeather.

I?d love to know what changes I need to make to package them for BeWeather.

I'd like to know how that's done myself. I entered a url for a PNG Bama logo, but nothing happened. I can create PNG images on my phone, but don't know how to convert them to a url. Is there an app for that?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to know how that's done myself. I entered a url for a PNG Bama logo, but nothing happened. I can create PNG images on my phone, but don't know how to convert them to a url. Is there an app for that?

I found a link about putting the images into a .zip file with the extension .bwi, but not sure if that’s specific to the BB or Android versions, or about how to name the various weather icons to match the internals of BeWeather. Some apps use names, other use numbered icons (1.png = sunny; 2.png = partly cloudy, etc). Then there’s the whole issue of getting them into the iOS version of BeWeather.

Hopefully Pfluger will be along shortly and can shed some light on this one.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I?d also like to see a Settings option for turning the map off by default in the App. I don?t want to see it every time I launch the app, but if I need it, I want to be able to get to it quickly.
Mine opens to the last page it was on when I closed it. It only opens to the map if that's where I had been.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Whenever I open BeWeather, I see what is shown in the first screen shot. This happens no matter what I am doing in BeWeather when I close the app. I?d much prefer to see the second screen shot when I open the app, and then be able to see the weather map by tapping on the top ("temperature") section and have it open to show the map. Just my preference. I?d think a simple switch in the Settings for the app could handle that choice nicely.

View attachment 69852 View attachment 69853

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
If BeWeather obtains local weather info from Weather Underground, shouldn't BeWeather be able to access the same weather stations as WU? In the WU app, there is a station that is quite close to my home, but it is not available in BW.

Yes, you should see the same weather stations in BeWeather. Do you have a specific example? You can PM me if you don't want to post your location.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
@pfluger, as you might have seen I had multiple crashes after I removed locations.
Example: the app was opened, city Winterberg.
I removed Winterberg as location. When I left the menu where you can change the location and wanted (within the app) to swipe to another city within the app (it still was showing Winterberg) the app crashed.

I could repeat that. I started over with a new list of cities. After the app crashed again and opened it, the list with cities that included Winterberg appeared again in the app.

The next thing I noticed is that the widget was stuck/frozen. Couldn't change cities. Removed widget, added it again - didn't work. Closed app, opened it, widget still frozen.
Rebooted the phone, widget still frozen!
Deleted the app, installed the app, the map for my location didn't load.
Added a second location, swiped to that second location (that map loaded without problems) and swiped back to my location and the map loaded.

You probably have all crash reports except for the ones from the widget. I don't know how to safe them to share them with you.
Contact me if you need more information.

Nicole
Check again in the next update. I think we got at least part of that fixed.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I found a link about putting the images into a .zip file with the extension .bwi, but not sure if that?s specific to the BB or Android versions, or about how to name the various weather icons to match the internals of BeWeather. Some apps use names, other use numbered icons (1.png = sunny; 2.png = partly cloudy, etc). Then there?s the whole issue of getting them into the iOS version of BeWeather.

Hopefully Pfluger will be along shortly and can shed some light on this one.
The link you find seems to give the correct info.

The icon sets are simple .zip files with the extension changed to .bwi. (For the iOS version you can actually keep the .zip extension.)

The .zip file contains all the weather icons at the root folder.

To load the icon set, you will have to host it somewhere and then paste the URL into BeWeather. This could be your own web server or cloud storage like Dropbox that allows you to create a public link.

Here is an example I just put on my Dropbox: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1010420/BeWeather 2 Real.zip

You can use this file as a reference on how to name the icons. It is important to keep the icons at the root of the .zip file.

The 'Custom' download within the current BeWeather build is untested, so it might not work at all. Should be fixed soon.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
The link you find seems to give the correct info.

The icon sets are simple .zip files with the extension changed to .bwi. (For the iOS version you can actually keep the .zip extension.)

The .zip file contains all the weather icons at the root folder.

To load the icon set, you will have to host it somewhere and then paste the URL into BeWeather. This could be your own web server or cloud storage like Dropbox that allows you to create a public link.

Here is an example I just put on my Dropbox: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1010420/BeWeather 2 Real.zip

You can use this file as a reference on how to name the icons. It is important to keep the icons at the root of the .zip file.

The 'Custom' download within the current BeWeather build is untested, so it might not work at all. Should be fixed soon.

Great info, pfluger. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox