BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I must be lucky, as everything seems to be working. The minute widget still does what it did in the first beta. Tap it and it expends, but text is still there.

I have changed icon sets and still get all widgets to load. I also have four locations and they all work great.

Like I said I must be lucky.

Have you tried the BBooo iconset? That's the one that won't load on mine. I haven't noticed any others.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
After viewing the map, and the top and bottom are closed together, the top works better now. It doesn't get hid under the location name.

I've found that when the two parts are open, tapping on the temp will close the gap and completely hide the map, and correctly position the top of the screen.

There are a lot of very nice, intuitive little features that make this app feel very polished, even in the beta version.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Some iconsets work with 3 sections and some don't. 2 that worked are "Awesome Weather" and "Baby Pajamas with Glow".

blueszz

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I could duplicate the app crashing when I want to delete more than 1 location.

First I added 3 locations (a total of 5) . I checked the widget, the widget still showing 2 locations. Closed and opened the app, checked the widget and now it shows all 5 locations. I did notice that only "my location" shows the amount of rain or an umbrella 🌂 with "no data available".

I started to remove locations, when I wanted to delete a second one in a row the app crashed. When I opened the app again only one out of two locations were removed.
Started to delete again and also this time with removing the second location in a row the app crashed.
I think that this time no locations got removed from the list.
The third time I was able to remove three locations without crashes.

If you need the crash reports let me know, I assume you get them with testflight as it involves the app and not the widget.

Interesting: the widget did update the locations after I removed some, no need to close and open the app again, as I had to do when I added locations.

Nicole

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
We have submitted another update for beta review. This mainly has fixes for the widget problems. We wanted to get this out asap.

Unfortunately there seems to be no way to keep the earlier version while an update is waiting for approval, so if you haven't updated yet you will have to wait until the next build is available.

Changes coming in 2.0.16:
  • Added font preview icons
  • Added support for dismiss via swipe gesture
  • Reverted precipitation values to blue color in dark olive theme
  • Improved widget reliability
  • Improved touch responsiveness to expand/contract button for text forecast
  • Fixed separator above text forecast jumping during scrolling
  • Fix for crash when deleting locations
  • Fixed 'American Typewriter' font being too light

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I could duplicate the app crashing when I want to delete more than 1 location.

First I added 3 locations (a total of 5) . I checked the widget, the widget still showing 2 locations. Closed and opened the app, checked the widget and now it shows all 5 locations. I did notice that only "my location" shows the amount of rain or an umbrella �� with "no data available".

I started to remove locations, when I wanted to delete a second one in a row the app crashed. When I opened the app again only one out of two locations were removed.
Started to delete again and also this time with removing the second location in a row the app crashed.
I think that this time no locations got removed from the list.
The third time I was able to remove three locations without crashes.

If you need the crash reports let me know, I assume you get them with testflight as it involves the app and not the widget.

Interesting: the widget did update the locations after I removed some, no need to close and open the app again, as I had to do when I added locations.

Nicole
The crash report came in immediately. The upcoming build has a fix for it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
@pfluger Is it necessary to darken the photos so much on the "Share" feature? I realize it's to see the white text better, but it ruins some photos. Apple does that on light colored wallpapers. That's a great feature.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
@pfluger Is it necessary to darken the photos so much on the "Share" feature? I realize it's to see the white text better, but it ruins some photos. Apple does that on light colored wallpapers. That's a great feature.

Not all of the available layouts in the "Share" feature darken the whole photo. See screenshot.

Does Apple darken the wallpapers? I know they switch between white and black text depending on how bright the photo is.

Attachments

• IMG_0759.PNG
    IMG_0759.PNG
    441.2 KB · Views: 14

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Not all of the available layouts in the "Share" feature darken the whole photo. See screenshot.

Does Apple darken the wallpapers? I know they switch between white and black text depending on how bright the photo is.

Yes, Apple darkens light colored wallpapers, especially the top half because of the lock screen text.

blueszz

May 15, 2014
Visit site
The crash report came in immediately. The upcoming build has a fix for it.
Super, wil test again as soon as I have the update.

I have another idea which is not yet implemented in the app. In the widget you have that graph for rain fall. I have another app with such a graph (buienalarm) and it warns you before it starts to rain. For instance one hour before it starts raining. You can modify when you want that alarm (a notification) is triggered. Low, moderate or heavy rain.

I don't know if "buienalarm" is available worldwide so you might not be able to download it to check it out. Buienalarm works for the Netherlands and I think for Belgium.

Maybe a nice feature for future builds?

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I got the invite to test BeWeather2 as well (Thanks).. and I installed Test Flight, but every time I tell the email to open the app in Test Flight it takes me back to the app store, and to open Test Flight which I do, and then it tells me i am not testing anything and to go back to the email and open in test flight, and the loop continues.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I got the invite to test BeWeather2 as well (Thanks).. and I installed Test Flight, but every time I tell the email to open the app in Test Flight it takes me back to the app store, and to open Test Flight which I do, and then it tells me i am not testing anything and to go back to the email and open in test flight, and the loop continues.

Open your gmail thru the Apple gmail app and not the gmail app (I found it in the Spam folder)
Edit: If I'm not mistaken the BeWeather2 Beta2 has been pulled because Beta3 is being released

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Open your gmail thru the Apple gmail app and not the gmail app (I found it in the Spam folder)
Edit: If I'm not mistaken the BeWeather2 Beta2 has been pulled because Beta3 is being released

It did not come to my gmail account, so I can't open in the gmail app. I opened in CloudMagic as it came to @me.com address. But it just came about 1-2 hours ago, why would it be sent just now if 3 is up and 2 is gone, would it not load the current version he sent?

....update 3-min later: used the default email application and now it says "The app is not available" so you're most likely right since 3 is not online I can't get any version.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
It did not come to my gmail account, so I can't open in the gmail app. I opened in CloudMagic as it came to @me.com address. But it just came about 1-2 hours ago, why would it be sent just now if 3 is up and 2 is gone, would it not load the current version he sent?

Oh okay. He just put it in and awaiting Apples approval. I don't think TestFlight allows more than one at a time

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
And since my invite is for Ver 2.2 I doubt it will give me Ver 3 and I may have to ask for the invite yet again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73