BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare

apbthe3

May 1, 2012
Visit site
When you turn off and on the badge setting, does the badge correctly disappear/re-appear for you like it does for TurboTiger? Only stuck to the same value?

The more feedback I get the easier it is to improve the app ;)

For me, nothing changes it. It has always read the same number and the badge stays there even if I turn the setting off in the app settings.

I love this app, keep up the great work!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
When you turn off and on the badge setting, does the badge correctly disappear/re-appear for you like it does for TurboTiger? Only stuck to the same value?
Yep... That... At least it did before the temp went below zero... now the badge won't show... And I know that is probably because badges can't show negative values.... :)

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Occasional error after 1.0.35. I have Weather Rader set as my theme. And occasionally I get this blurred screen instead of the current and weekly weather/detailed forecast. In other words, all I get is the weather radar screen and cannot flip down to get weather info. If I kill the app then the bug goes away.

Edit: If I change the theme then I also have this problem. Blurred screens.

IMG_0951.PNG

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPhone 5s with 7.0.4 and the badge is stuck even after powering off and a hard-reset. It is stuck at 46. I even changed to Celsius to at-least see if that changes but it stayed at 46. It even stays there after turning it off in-app and "background refresh" and a reset both hard and soft.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Last edited:

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
New problem since update. I have a 5s on 7.0.4. Since the update I have no badge icon. Turning it on/off and rebooting does nothing. It is simply gone. Checked the settings under notifications as well. Great work on getting this to iOS! Thanks for the quick updates.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Went through this in dealing with a different weather app that used badges for current temp... badges can not deal with negative numbers directly or display them...

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Went through this in dealing with a different weather app that used badges for current temp... badges can not deal with negative numbers directly or display them...
In my other weather app gives a choice of displaying as as a positive number or multiplied by 100. So this morning I had a choice of 15 or 1500 for -15.

I just turned the app badge on and it shows a balmy 8, let's see if it updates, keeping my fingers crossed. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bustermin

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I too came to the iPhone from BlackBerry and used BeWeather then. I have been looking for a weather app that has a current temp on the app icon and has radar which I had on my BB with BeWeather, FINALLY I have it again on my iPhone! And living I Florida, the storm tracker part is a great bonus! Thanks

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I just turned the app badge on and it shows a balmy 8, let's see if it updates, keeping my fingers crossed. :)

The badge temperature didn't update. I opened the app and the temperature in the app updated in a couple seconds and the badge temperature changed accordingly.

Hope that made sense.

PS: Loving this app so far.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Dittos to charlyee... It (temp badge) now appears to be working as intended... temp above zero - badge appeared... refreshed app - temp changed, badge changed as well.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Woo Hoo!

About an later the icon badge updated on its own and a notification appeared on my screen with the new temp.

So it works as intended. I am very happy. ;)

Now about the "feels like" ;)

deadmpa1

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Great app, love it. As has been said already, thanks for the quick feedback and update.

My suggested improvements would be:
1) Add 'feels like' - but I know you're working on that :)
2) I love the animations, but they regularly get stuck when I open the app - that's my biggest gripe as they look so good
3) I've set the app to mph, but the text forecast summary still shows wind forecast in kmh which is annoying
4) I'd like the option to show negative temp values on the app icon as 1000's, i.e. 1002 for -2
5) I know the Weather Underground app shows a sentence comparing the current weather to the previous day. I've seen other apps show this and it's really useful, e.g. Weather On app
6) Weather On also allows the user to set a summary forecast push notification. It sends a really useful summary forecast for the day every morning, at a time of the users choice.

Just wanted to share my suggestions with you, but again, brilliant app already - thanks :)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
pfluger - a question about the text forecasts... How often is the data updated? I'm seeing the daytime forecast for today still at 10PM... Shouldn't that have dropped off by now? Thank you.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Occasional error after 1.0.35. I have Weather Rader set as my theme. And occasionally I get this blurred screen instead of the current and weekly weather/detailed forecast. In other words, all I get is the weather radar screen and cannot flip down to get weather info. If I kill the app then the bug goes away.

Edit: If I change the theme then I also have this problem. Blurred screens.

View attachment 46529
It looks like that happens when you pull to refresh in the sidebar while having a location scrolled to the forecast data. Temproary fix is to go to the location (close the sidebar) and scroll up until it goes into pull-to-refresh. The data will reappear.

Fix is coming.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Just a thought to my above post. Is it possible it is not showing since the temperature is -4? That would make sense.

I can confirm the badge disappears once the temperature goes below zero. iOS cannot display negative numbers. We will probably solve this like charlyee suggested and display negative numbers with a 1000 added (1015 for -15 etc).

Just leaving out the minus sign would probably be confusing especially around the 0 mark where you won't easily know if it is i.e. -4 or +4.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro