BeWeather for iPhone - Free Weather App by Bellshare

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
2.0.31 Comments:

1. Radar now seems to slow. How about a setting for fade time? (A few other weather apps have this). I think you said it was not possible but if we could have more timed radar (e.g. 2 hours) and a faster fade time that would be great.

2. With bold fonts on, the current temp font is now too bold/think I think. The rest of the app looks very good with bold fonts.

3. In Alert statements, the fonts are too small/light. Can this be changed?

4. A suggestion for themes. Give us two theme choice: Background color and text color. This would give us much more customization options which is one of the key differentiating factors for this app vs others.

5. Swipe locations in a continuous circle. I have 6 locations setup, when I get to the last swiping right to left can it just go to the first location instead of having to reverse back thru all the locations?

This app is really coming along nicely. In later version it would be nice to add a few more layers to the maps like weather alerts and lightening....but wouldn't hold up release for this.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't get the clipped temp.

I do have a 6 Plus. But the clipping seems to be related to the font that I select. I haven’t tested them all, but of the 5 or 6 that I tested, only Avenir is clipped - which is strange because the font for the temp field does not change - it remains fixed at (I think) Helvetica Neue.

If I switch to the default font (Helvetica Neue), it doesn’t. If I use Avenir (my personal preference) it does. And it’s strange, because the temp font does not change. Must be the way the other text based fields work with/around the temperature field.

And I am not seeing any clipping in the widget - even though the widget temp font does change with the settings, unlike the app itself.

My question to Pfluger would be why is the temp font customizable in the widget and not the app itself? And what are the functional differences between the two parts (app and widget) as it relates to the font setting?

Last edited:

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
2.0.31 Comments:

1. Radar now seems to slow. How about a setting for fade time? (A few other weather apps have this). I think you said it was not possible but if we could have more timed radar (e.g. 2 hours) and a faster fade time that would be great.

We could add a setting like slow, medium, fast. It seems everyone prefers a different timing. Or maybe we can find a way to add this right to the map playback controls.

2. With bold fonts on, the current temp font is now too bold/think I think. The rest of the app looks very good with bold fonts.
Our internal build uses the non bold version for the temperature even when the global bold text setting is on. Seems to work better.

3. In Alert statements, the fonts are too small/light. Can this be changed?
Bug fixed in internal build. The alert screen doesn't follow the bold text setting.

4. A suggestion for themes. Give us two theme choice: Background color and text color. This would give us much more customization options which is one of the key differentiating factors for this app vs others.
We don't want to overwhelm user with too many options, but I see this definitely being a feature for the future. I guess we would add the option to select 'custom' as a theme which would then reveal extra customization options.

5. Swipe locations in a continuous circle. I have 6 locations setup, when I get to the last swiping right to left can it just go to the first location instead of having to reverse back thru all the locations?
I understand advanced users do prefer this, but regular users easily get lost using that configuration.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Basically the same issue for me regarding the widget stability with 4 sections. 3 sections aren't doing too well either. The font style won't change. It stays the same, no matter how I set it. I don't mind the bold font on the temp. It might be a bit too bold. But not by much.
Update: Stable on 3 sections with 6 widgets. 4 sections with 2 widgets...Maybe.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
We could add a setting like slow, medium, fast. It seems everyone prefers a different timing. Or maybe we can find a way to add this right to the map playback controls.

Our internal build uses the non bold version for the temperature even when the global bold text setting is on. Seems to work better.

Ok for map speed one other app uses slider for infinite number of speeds settings. This slider was on the map and would fade away to invisible after a few seconds.

And using non bold font even with bold on sounds better.

Thanks for being so responsive.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I like the radar slow like it is. It gives me a chance to watch the time as well as the radar map in motion. I like to know where a storm is or has been at a time. When they go too fast, it's hard to watch the time.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I like the radar slow like it is. It gives me a chance to watch the time as well as the radar map in motion. I like to know where a storm is or has been at a time. When they go too fast, it's hard to watch the time.

I'm with you Ledsteplin.
Good Luck

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
pfluger,

Are you planning on making Dark Opaque theme available in Widgets?

Good Luck
'Light Opaque' would be the same as 'Light' on the widget.

All the dark themes have transparent backgrounds on the widget, so 'Dark Opaque' would be the same as 'Dark', too.

BigMike535

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm with you Ledsteplin.
Good Luck

This gets a +1 from me, too. I am also a time watcher - it gives me time to analyze the patterns and pretend I know anything about meteorology.

The fading is a nice touch. I didn't expect it to be, but it turns out that I very much prefer it this way. I'm certainly not opposed to a customizable time lapse, but I would end up just leaving it on this new speed.

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Got it downloaded and really like it. Best around and so far it's been very accurate. I give it 10 stars

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
The moving map looked better the last release than the current (and I am the one how asked to speed it up). Just seems a bit off now. And again would like it if had more than 6 frames going back only 30 minutes.

Darthstorm528

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Any plans to add the EmotiSun weather icons? It was my all time favorite when I had the BB 7 version of BeWeather and Android version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk