Spotify - downgrade from premium to free?

koerk

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Now that you can listen to spotify for free on iPhone and iPad, I'm thinking about going down to the free version and save the 10?/month.

I actually mostly listen to shuffled playlists and an ad here and there doesn't bother me.

Did anyone of you happily downgrade from premium?

Here in Germany, t-mobile has a deal with spotify where your spotify cellular data isn't added up to your monthly data plan which is kind of neat. Anyways, I'm still considering the downgrade.

How is your experience with the new free model? Is the sound quality noticeably worse?

Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't use any of the premium features of music streaming services. For one, I don't listen to a great deal of music like I did back in the day. Furthermore, I totally ignore the ads, both visually and audibly. As for Spotify, I haven't used it in a while. It's music selection, in regard to my personal tastes, were not as accurate as some of the others like Pandora, Stackers and even the iTunes Radio.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Right now and I am not a big streaming music person myself but I am kind of liking iTunes radio when I use it.

koerk

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Right now and I am not a big streaming music person myself but I am kind of liking iTunes radio when I use it.

Yeah, me too, but it isn't available in Europe or Germany. I do have a us account but especially on iOS, it is totally annoying to switch accounts/apple IDs...

koerk

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Made the switch from premium to basic and subscribed to iTunes Match and am happy with my decision. Saves me a couple of ? and I actually own my music again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner