best basic messaging app?

jeni1072

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
My daughter has an iphone 3GS and for the past few months she has been unable to send pictures on the basic text app. She can send through imessaging, snapchat, etc. Problem is we are on droids, and I don't want her using snapchat at all. What is the best app for her to use that is NOT iphone specific or where the other person does not have to have the same app (like KIK, etc)? I hope this makes sense.

When she tries to send a pic it gets to about the 75% sent mark and then just stops and shows "failed". We've not been able to fix or figure this out so at this point we just need the workaround.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
iMessage should suffice. If she has iOS 5 or later, make sure she goes to Settings->Messages and then make sure that MMS is enabled. The recipient does not have to have an iPhone. If the attachment appear to stop sending, she can either reboot the device or reset her Network settings.

jeni1072

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
iMessage does not send me or her other droid people pics. On her screen it even says "imessages can be sent between iphone, ipad, ipod touch, and mac". Are we missing something?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
iMessage does not send me or her other droid people pics. On her screen it even says "imessages can be sent between iphone, ipad, ipod touch, and mac". Are we missing something?

It is an iMessage if it is sent to other iOS and Mac devices with iMessage capabilities. It is sent as an sms/mms message if the recipient does not have the aforementioned devices. Even if she she went to Settings->Messages and then disabled "iMessages", she would still be able to send SMS and mms messages to both Apple and non-Apple devices.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods