Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kch50428
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

5 Posts

Default Podcast app that syncs with iTunes

Can anyone recommend a podcast app for the iPhone that also syncs with iTunes. I let iTunes download episodes. Because I also listen to some on my computer I don't want an application that downloads podcast episodes a second time.

I just really don't like the podcast application that comes with iOS and since iOS 7 came out Apple has stopped you from being able to listen to episodes in the Music app. That was the perfect situation for me. I liked the behaviour of the Music app and the sync between the computer and iPhone. If anyone can suggest a similar setup I would be very thankful.
    iMore Genius

20,845 Posts
    Global Posts
    21,726 Global Posts

Default Re: Podcast app that syncs with iTunes

The Apple native Podcast app... which you've already ruled out... I didn't like it at first, but have become accustomed to using it.
    Just_Me_D likes this.

I'm not certain about iTunes, but several of them sync across devices with iCloud and/or via other means. Downcast and Instacast are two that I've used and enjoyed using, but I primarily stick with Apple's Podcast app since it is sufficient for my use.
    iMore Genius

14,252 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

I use thew native Podcast app which I am happy with, It happens to be one of the free apps you get with the free package of apps you get when you get a new iOS 7 device.