Can anyone recommend a Word to PDF converter app that handles "advanced" doc formatting?

GadgetGuru72

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone-

About a year ago I used an Adobe app called CreatePDF. It was fantastic, and allowed me to easily convert Word documents to PDF so that I could annotate them on my iPad. Unfortunately, Adobe discontinued that app and the underlying service, and now charges $89/year for essentially the same service built into the Reader app.

So, I have been on a quest to find an alternative app that will covert Word docs to PDFs. There is no shortage of apps that claim to do just that, but every single one I have tried so far handles more advanced formatting pretty poorly. None of them seem to handle tables, bullet points and things like that very well.

Anyway, does anyone have a recommendation for such an app that actually works well, even if the underlying Word doc has advanced formatting?

Thanks in advance.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Can anyone recommend a Word to PDF converter app that handles "advanced" doc formatting?

I believe if you look in the app store for Genius Scan the app you might like it very much and will do everything you need. I have used it for at least a year on a weekly basis.

GadgetGuru72

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can anyone recommend a Word to PDF converter app that handles "advanced" doc formatting?

I believe if you look in the app store for Genius Scan the app you might like it very much and will do everything you need. I have used it for at least a year on a weekly basis.

Thanks for the suggestion, but unless I'm missing something Genius Scan does not do exactly what I'm looking for. I installed Genius Scan, and then found a Word doc in my email, but Genius Scan does not appear in the "open in" list. Unless I can open the Word doc from an email, I'm not going to be able to convert it to PDF. It seems like Genius Scan is more geared towards my taking photos of each page of the Word doc, which is not really what I'm looking to do.

Anybody else with a recommendation?