What's the best Pedometer App that Supports the M7?

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Hello iMore,

What is the best Pedometer App in the app store that supports the new M7 chip in the iPhone 5s? I do a lot of walking at my job (Restaurant Business) I would like to have a app that tracks my steps as well as has a nice looking UI, please post below your favorites.

Duncan Fleming

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi jsntrenkler,

I have a slightly biased view as the app's developer, but I use Strider Pedometer.

I designed it to be very simple to use, and to only use data available on the M7 chip so that it doesn't drain the phones battery. At the moment its in its infancy and only records and saves the number of steps you do each day and allows you to set a daily target, however an update is in the works that will display more information about each day, such as when you were most active and what kind of activity you were doing. I also spent quite a bit of time making sure it works well if the phone moves across timezones.

[Redacted]

Last edited:

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Are they usually accurate? Like can you shake the phone & it will register that as a step?

Sent from my Black iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 😊

You can generate Nike Fuel by shaking the phone, I don't think it works for Fitbit because it also measures distance when calculating steps.

MacintoshDan

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I've used both Nike Move and the Fitbit app, and I like the Fitbit app better because it seems more accurate and measures steps and distance, instead of "fuel". I'm going to get one of the bands for when I don't have my phone eventually, and I like the Fitbit app so much I might get that instead of a fuel band, but the fuel band does do actual steps, so I'm torn.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app