So how do you organise how you have your apps on your phone?

Retroglide08

Nov 4, 2013
plus.google.com
Ok, have moved back to the iPhone and am so far really enjoying it. The most frustrating thing I found with android was that I just couldn't settle with a layout to the home screen/s etc.
I must have some kind of OCD 😋 as I'm always tinkering and have not yet found an ideal layout.

How do you all categorise/organise/layout your apps on your iPhone?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I just randomly place my icons on my iPhone. I got way to many apps to try organise. I've got the 64gig gold 5S.before I would put my apps in folders but got tired of it lol.

steveh552

Trusted Member
Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I made folders for each kind of app and have it that way, everything is on the home screen for ease use. Good place to look is the homescreen thread above.

Here is mine
hary2yru.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5s on Virgin Mobile using Tapatalk - now Free

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I keep all stock apps in the order they're in out of the box. Downloaded apps go into folders based on their App Store category. The apps within those folders are alphabetized and the folders on screen 2 are alphabetized. I'm anal, i know.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Primary apps that I use very regularly go on the home page...including 4 folders for News/Weather, Sports, Automotive and Shopping (app store, iTunes, Groupon, etc).

Secondary apps, utilities and games are all on the second page...again, with 4 folders for Games, Utilities, Exercise and and Video/Audio apps (things like Shazam, Netflix, etc).

...and when a Jailbreak is available, I usually reserve the third page for anything related to jailbreaking and settings for such (to keep it organized)...unfortunately, it's been a while since I've been able to utilize this page. Hopefully again soon.

ScottyBoy_22

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm like you. I'm never fully satisfied with the layout of my Apps. But for now, I am happy with how it's at the moment.

1. Main page. I leave the dock at the bottom how it was out of the box. I use my main page for the Apps I use the most in everyday life. The top half of the page is more, the social side of things. Messaging apps, social networking apps, etc. The bottom half is more, utilities.

BZmwBsnIMAApmB2.png:small

2. Currently, the second page is used for whatever new Apps I download and are sorted into folders.

BZmv_DVIUAAH-Or.png:small

3. Third page is just the stock Apps that come on the iPhone out the box, but these are the ones I never use, hence, they're on the last page. This page is never visited.

BZmv7zJIcAAzcwX.png:small

Retroglide08

Nov 4, 2013
plus.google.com
I'm like you. I'm never fully satisfied with the layout of my Apps. But for now, I am happy with how it's at the moment.

1. Main page. I leave the dock at the bottom how it was out of the box. I use my main page for the Apps I use the most in everyday life. The top half of the page is more, the social side of things. Messaging apps, social networking apps, etc. The bottom half is more, utilities.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZmwBsnIMAApmB2.png:small

2. Currently, the second page is used for whatever new Apps I download and are sorted into folders.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZmv_DVIUAAH-Or.png:small

3. Third page is just the stock Apps that come on the iPhone out the box, but these are the ones I never use, hence, they're on the last page. This page is never visited.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZmv7zJIcAAzcwX.png:small

Thanks, this looks pretty logical to me. I know we all have our own tastes and ways of organising and the examples you have all posted are all great.
I may just have to give this method a go. Thanks for posting 👍

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Here are my 3 screens. I'm not sure why games have to have their own screen but they do. I'm slightly OCD about everything. It's impressive to get almost 200 apps in these folders.

qa6utyqu.jpg

yhutezer.jpg

uraterah.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I keep all folders on the last page, as they're usually filled with apps I use less regularly.
Page 1 is always Apple-created apps, including any built in apps that I don't have in folders, Pages, Keynote, etc.
Page 2 are my most used 3rd party apps.
Page 3 is games
Page 4 is utilities for work (network monitors, RDP clients, terminal emulator, etc)

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
screen1.jpg
screen2.jpg
screen3.jpg

My first screen is my most used 8 apps. My second screen is 12 folders organized by "type", i.e. graphics related, photography related, social media, games, etc. My third screen is one folder entitled "CRAP" that is filled with things like Newstand, Weather, Game Center and other stock stuff that I can't delete and want dead.

Last edited:

thejerryong

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Here's how I arrange my Apps.

Page 1: Basically the default Apps, just re-arranged them a little bit according to what I use the most.
Page 2: Folders on top. Social Media/Messaging 2nd to 3rd row. And some Apps I mostly use for the 3rd and 4th row.

image.pngimage[1].png

As much as possible, I want the first page to like it's fresh out of the box as much as possible. I feel like reseting my icons back to stock arrangement. LOL

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
No folders on the main screen, just my main used apps. The rest of the screens are foldered to death with of course most used being the first ones

Sent from my Note 3 using iMore Forums mobile app

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
My first page contains the apps I use the most. The next few pages contain the apps I don't use as often. I usually don't change the placement of my apps.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
My most used apps are on the home page (plus a few I launch from the Launch app at the bottom, which I also use for search, call, and text shortcuts):

agavagyq.jpg

Then my second page has all my other apps organized by category:

eda7y8ej.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR