So how do you organise how you have your apps on your phone?

barrcuda70

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Home screen is pretty much stock with a few exceptions of three folders. Then my second pages for folders. All organized on the second.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Here are my screens....

1st page. Empty...I'm just anal like that lol
bede9upy.jpg

2nd page. Most used apps & a few folders
qetaqyju.jpg

3rd page. Everything else in their respective folders
sehe7uze.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I have all my most used apps on the first page. All the rest of my apps in I need folder called Launcher, which I have on my dock. Reminds me of WebOS.

Tapatalking on the N7....

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
How have you been able to choose where your icons are?

I use "WP Liberator" in the App Store. As previously stated, it will not work correctly with "Reduced Motion" turned off in the settings. Not a fan of the parallax deal anyway, so it wasn't a problem for me.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
First page stock... The rest just organized into folders with an extra folder in the dock for video and YouTube stuff.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I have always loved these types of thread since everyone has their own unique way of setting up their iPhone.

I always leave page 1 as just Apple apps (that I actually use, all the other go into a folder). Page 2 is frequently used apps. Page 3 is overflow/new apps I've recently downloaded. Page 4 is all folders for any other apps I use but not regularly.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok, have moved back to the iPhone and am so far really enjoying it. The most frustrating thing I found with android was that I just couldn't settle with a layout to the home screen/s etc.
I must have some kind of OCD 😋 as I'm always tinkering and have not yet found an ideal layout.

How do you all categorise/organise/layout your apps on your iPhone?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I used to always do that with whatever android phone I had. It's one of the main reasons that I switched to the iPhone. I remember always being frustrated because I could never put the icons and widgets in spots that I actually liked.

The iPhone only let's you organize one way. In rows of four. Yes, you can use folders and that's awesome. I use folders for apps, but I group my apps together in rows. You know what, I'll just post a picture. But I know what you're talking about with the whole "home screen OCD" condition. I had that. I had that bad. But then the good ol iPhone solved that problem for me.

Last edited:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I just place them together based on the similar catagories such as an example....Notes like Native or reminders and evernote etc. and my theme of things carries on like this and I reserve my back panel fore junk or just things I will never use native wise.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
1st screen: stock with the addition of Contacts (replaced Compass), Find My iPhone, and iBooks.

2nd screen: most used apps. My favorites are at the bottom so they're easier to reach. I have them ordered by type (social, photo, etc).

3rd screen: apps I use sparingly but don't want to get rid of.

I'm not a fan of folders. The only one I have is the one that was already there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I keep all stock apps in the order they're in out of the box. Downloaded apps go into folders based on their App Store category. The apps within those folders are alphabetized and the folders on screen 2 are alphabetized. I'm anal, i know.
We have a Winner!!! I've been doing this as well since the original iPhone ...

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
First screen default apple apps + google maps
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385676403.166162.jpg

Second screen all my other apps organized into folders
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385676465.120201.jpg

My third screen is for cydia and any jailbreak related apps when there is a jailbreak available for my current iOS version.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73