Tweetbot or Twitterific

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I have never degraded a twitter client because it doesn't have native push ability. Twitter gives you FREE ams notifications, which are the same thing, so no matter what twitter client you like to use, you can always set that up on Twitter's website. Doing this method saves your API calls too, as you only have to open the ams app to see your replies and favorited tweets and direct messages and the like.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I have never degraded a twitter client because it doesn't have native push ability. Twitter gives you FREE ams notifications, which are the same thing, so no matter what twitter client you like to use, you can always set that up on Twitter's website. Doing this method saves your API calls too, as you only have to open the ams app to see your replies and favorited tweets and direct messages and the like.

wut?

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Actually, anyone ever used Ubersocial Pro? I think it's a fantastic app, definitely in the top 3 along with Tweetbot and Twitteriffic.

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
The twitter official is nice now. Like the send pics in DM. But I give it 3 week and twitteriffic and tweetbot will have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tweetbot is lacking. Like I like to look at followers pictures and Twitter official gives me that ability. I think tweetbot allows like 16?

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Stop giving Twitter so much credit for the app. It's not like they created it from scratch. They bought it. People who make apps like Tweetbot should get ALL the credit.

2ndAmendNut

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
I have them and like them both but, in the end, Twitteriffic is what is on my iPhone and iPad mini. No specific reason, just like it a little better. Maybe when the Tweetbot folks get the updated iPad version out I will switch. Who knows....

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Twitterrific would be great if they fix DM. I have issue send or delete with tweetbot they don't show or don't delete in twitteriffic. Try it and see. Lol they said they are working on this issue.

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I have to say i sat down and played with tweetbot again for more then an hr and i really enjoyed it again, i think im gonna put the twitter app back on the backburner for a bit!

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that Twitter has apparently disabled the "near" parameter for searching nearby tweets in every client except for their native one? Pretty low blow. I know you can search "Nearby Tweets" in Tweetbot but it's only a sampling of what's going on around you. Funny no one else has mentioned this. Or is it only me? Not working on Tweetbot or Twitteriffic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that Twitter has apparently disabled the "near" parameter for searching nearby tweets in every client except for their native one? Pretty low blow. I know you can search "Nearby Tweets" in Tweetbot but it's only a sampling of what's going on around you. Funny no one else has mentioned this. Or is it only me? Not working on Tweetbot or Twitteriffic.

At the risk of thread-crapping, I am so annoyed with Twitter's attitude. Their 'social network' was going nowhere fast until the plethora of third-party apps arrived, each adding new twists and features to make Twitter a viable platform. Once that was done, Twitter kicked them all in the teeth with their changes, restrictions and limitations on 'tokens'. Talk about being ungrateful. Twitter (the service) would continue to suck dirty bilge water without the third party apps that put them on the map. /RANTOFF

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
At the risk of thread-crapping, I am so annoyed with Twitter's attitude. Their 'social network' was going nowhere fast until the plethora of third-party apps arrived, each adding new twists and features to make Twitter a viable platform. Once that was done, Twitter kicked them all in the teeth with their changes, restrictions and limitations on 'tokens'. Talk about being ungrateful. Twitter (the service) would continue to suck dirty bilge water without the third party apps that put them on the map. /RANTOFF

'Nuf said. ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods