Facebook App Update - Crashing

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
6.7.1 seems to be just stuck in Pending Updates, even after telling it to Update. Useless piece of c**p made by people that are more interested in making money from Advertisements than actually making an app that is actually usable. They should turn the app development over to Apple. Facebook let Microsoft develop the app on Windows Phone and the app isn't buggy, but yet the Android & iOS facebook apps are both made by Facebook and are both a mess and buggy.

Roland

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I updated the Facebook app this morning on my iPhone5 and it was working fine until about 1/2hr ago, now when I open it, it crashes. I deleted it and reinstalled it but it still does the same thing. Is anyone else having this issue?

Mines the same on an iphone 5 i did the update on thurs they pushed out, and it kept crashing, now theres another update in the appstore but it wont download, i had other app updates and they downloaded just fine, and bought 2 new apps last night, they worked fine, its just this crappy facebook app, i think im just gonna use the mobile version

wendybeee

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Mines the same on an iphone 5 i did the update on thurs they pushed out, and it kept crashing, now theres another update in the appstore but it wont download, i had other app updates and they downloaded just fine, and bought 2 new apps last night, they worked fine, its just this crappy facebook app, i think im just gonna use the mobile version

I tried to get what I thought was the mobile version but it led me to the Apple Store to the FB app that won't download. I wound up just putting the website on my home screen for now but I can't seem to get at my games from it and that's the only reason I have FB lol.

Sent from wendybeee's iPhone 5 💋

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Have fun talking to yourself ... ;)

i've never seen so many trolls/haters until i joined G+

seriously, i would make a comment on an iPhone page about how i liked a certain feature on iOS 7 and next thing i know some dude named habeeb was telling me how he was "with" my mom last night. of course I would come back with some witty responses but they don't give up. i also have never blocked so many people on any social network than there

finally i just took the "if you can't beat them join them" approach. made a fake account and trolled my brains out for months. that eventually got pretty boring and just quit going there completely. the ONLY positive thing for me about G+ is i was lucky enough to do a Google+ hangout with Mark Hoppus from Blink-182, that was pretty cool!

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Well for me mine have been crashing on me every time I try to open and now this morning I see that Facebook have an update again but this time it's not letting me update it keeps saying retrying when I try to update.. Is anyone else having this problem? Or is it just me

wendybeee

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Had the issue after update. I. Reported the phone and all is good again.

I also rebooted, actually a few times, but still can not download the update and the icon is grey with the black line on it but it never installs.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I uninstalled and reinstalled. The app works now but the updated won't install. It really is amazing how bad Facebook is and yet it remains so popular. I'm glad I don't use it much.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

wendybeee

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Well for me mine have been crashing on me every time I try to open and now this morning I see that Facebook have an update again but this time it's not letting me update it keeps saying retrying when I try to update.. Is anyone else having this problem? Or is it just me

No not just you. Every iphone in my house has the same problem right now.

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks or the heads up!! Normally app updates are not a major issue but I'll stay away from this one for now!!

Facebook on PC was having issues yesterday...maybe it's an overall problem with their servers...

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
And now there's a "Bug Fix" update in the AppStore that won't download for me... and at least one other person I know... the irony of a bug fix update having a download bug is humorous...

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
And now there's a "Bug Fix" update in the AppStore that won't download for me... and at least one other person I know... the irony of a bug fix update having a download bug is humorous...

Yeah, been that way for me since last night. Failbook.

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

Same prob here, its annoying having that red 1 lol

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday after the auto update FB crashed immediately after I opened it several times. Today there are no issues with it at all. Hopefully it is fixed. If not, I'll view FB via Safari for a while.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2