Fantastical 2 worth it?

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking for a good calendar app and, while I like Calendars 5 by Readdle, am intrigued by Fantastical 2. For those who use it, what do you think? I have no problem paying for it and would do the same for the iPad version when it comes out. Is it worth it over the native iOS calendar?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking for a good calendar app and, while I like Calendars 5 by Readdle, am intrigued by Fantastical 2. For those who use it, what do you think? I have no problem paying for it and would do the same for the iPad version when it comes out. Is it worth it over the native iOS calendar?

"Is it worth it?" is incredibly subjective. But for me, it is. It is so much easier to use and looks great.

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
True - what I meant by worth wasn't money, but more of usefulness. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app

ELavar

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
You know, I was in the exact same dilemma last week and I made the jump to Fantastical 2. I couldn't be happier. The design and attention to detail is fantastic and is well worth the price, in my opinion.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I just started using it a few days ago and I like it very much. Is it worth it? Yes. But I'm a calendar app junkie so my opinion is skewed just a little. To me there's nothing wrong with the native app. I have 6 or 7 calendar apps though Tempo is good also.

#Naked Tuesday

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I think it is worth it but then again I use it in conjunction with my Native Calendar app and it works well for my needs and how Iuse it.

ELavar

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I just noticed something about Fantastical 2. It doesn't show my friends' calendars that have been shared with me, which is a deal breaker.

ELavar

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I just purchased Calendars 5 and I have to say that I miss Fantastical 2 already! I need the access to all of my Google calendars (+1 for Calendars 5) but Fantastical 2 is much more smooth and beautiful. I hope this helps!

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to everyone for your recommendations. I downloaded Fantastical 2 and absolutely love it as my go-to calendar app. I can't wait for the iPad version to arrive!

Good OL MC

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
This thread convinced me to buy the app and I love it!!! So much better than the native app.

Yay!

I had the original and upgraded to F2. Absolutely worth it for the improved look, better natural language support, and reminders syncing. The Day Ticker is an absolute wonder for productivity.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro