Tweetbot 3 for iOS 7 loses the textures, adds the physics, and keeps all the personality

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Tweetbot 3 for iOS 7 loses the textures, adds the physics, and keeps all the ...

Nevermind. Problem resolved;)

Sent from my iPhone 4s, iOS 7.0.3
Happy to hear you got your issue resolved, Why not share with the class in case someone comes up with what you did and this way they will know what to.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Been using Twitterific 5 since its release and just purchased Tweetbot 3 today, giving it a try and seeing if it can beat Twitterific for me. Both are still miles better than the official app.

Blazin' From Mini 2 You

I agree and am going to do just what you did to check them side by side since I have heard so many good things and i posted the blog article to the forums.

PS I have been using Twitterffic 5 as we and really like it so this will be a good side my side ....

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I got the update as soon as it was released.

Seriously it's 2.99 to continue to support the dev. Not a hard pill to take.

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I got the update as soon as it was released.

Seriously it's 2.99 to continue to support the dev. Not a hard pill to take.

Me too!! And for apps you love and use constantly, I say go for it if you can!

Lots of people spend more than that for a fancy cappuccino! I get free coffee every morning, thank you bamf 😉, so no need to spend $ on daily Starbucks...(I'm a DD girl anyways!) lol

Everyone can make their own decision, but helpful feedback on why an app is good/bad/otherwise is why I look to iMore before I download some apps!

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Me too!! And for apps you love and use constantly, I say go for it if you can!

Lots of people spend more than that for a fancy cappuccino! I get free coffee every morning, thank you bamf 😉, so no need to spend $ on daily Starbucks...(I'm a DD girl anyways!) lol

Everyone can make their own decision, but helpful feedback on why an app is good/bad/otherwise is why I look to iMore before I download some apps!

Thing that gets me is people complain when a developer completely changes the UI of an app and charges a small fee, but will spend hundreds on extra candy crush moves that gives them nothing in return.

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Thing that gets me is people complain when a developer completely changes the UI of an app and charges a small fee, but will spend hundreds on extra candy crush moves that gives them nothing in return.

Bwahahahaha!! I enjoy that game but would never spend $ for it!!

And if you like the current app...just keep it and don't update! I've done that for a few apps that went 'new for ios7'!!

anon(4767237)

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: Tweetbot 3 for iOS 7 loses the textures, adds the physics, and keeps all the ...

Happy to hear you got your issue resolved, Why not share with the class in case someone comes up with what you did and this way they will know what to.

Sure, here's what i did. First i've disabled access for twitter in iOS settings (go to settings and just swipe all the way down, tap twitter and toggle off tweetbot3.

Next step. I deleted the app and then I revoked access for tweetbot on the desktop site (settings -> apps -> revoke access).

After that everything is working properly. I just installed the app, added my twitter account.

One important thing. When you install your app again make sure you've enabled permission for it in iOS settings (go to settings and just swipe all the way down, tap twitter and toggle on tweetbot3.) that's what you should do before you try to activate push notifications within the app.

So i already deleted official twitter app. I'm in love with new tweetbot!!:) I've added my pocket account and everything works fine. Would love to see some night theme in the future.

Sent from my iPhone 4s, iOS 7.0.3

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else had issues with the sound? Once in awhile I pull down for new tweets and you hear the notification. But it's not consistent at all. In fact I rarely hear it

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
So I have tweetbot 2.85 version.. and didn't get an update to 3.0 so your saying you have to pay again to get the latest update ?!? Or it hasn't been pushed out to older version users?

You have to pay again because it is NOT an update of a previous version, it's a whole new app! Built from the ground.

Still missing a dark theme for me, but it works really good.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I sent a tweet to the dev team about this: Anyone notice that when selecting United States for trends it doesn't let you just have United States in general for "trending." It makes you select a specific Metropolitan city.

Edit: Never mind. They mention in the FAQ that it will be fixed.