Strange one letter BBM messages being received.

Daytona

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Ok I hope someone can assist me with this strange issue. Since installing BBM on my iphone 5 every 30 seconds I get a alert of a new message that shows up on my lock screen with one letter like "L" as the message. The messages continue to come thru and each have one letter in them. Ehrn I click on the alert it takes me into the app where no such message even exists. Any clue how to fix this?

Thanks in advance. :)

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I find if I unlock the phone while swiping the bbm message it is a 50% chance it will show up in the messages thread. I normally unlock my phone regularly and go to the message that way.

As for the random message I have not recorded anything other than what friends send me.

Sent from my Gameboy Color

Anilu7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Ok I hope someone can assist me with this strange issue. Since installing BBM on my iphone 5 every 30 seconds I get a alert of a new message that shows up on my lock screen with one letter like "L" as the message. The messages continue to come thru and each have one letter in them. Ehrn I click on the alert it takes me into the app where no such message even exists. Any clue how to fix this?

Thanks in advance. :)

Go into Settings --> Notifications and look for BBM. Then you can set the alerts to None, Banner, Alert. You can also designate what you see. At first, this may also be a glitch as sometimes I see that too. Other times I see the whole message. Just play with it a little.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you've joined a group and then delete the group, this *may* occur. At least it did prior to the new update of which I've yet to install.

Daytona

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks!! Now that u said that i remembered that's exactly when it started happening. Any idea how to fix it? I have had to resort to turning off all lock screen and notification alerts for BBM. :(

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks!! Now that u said that i remembered that's exactly when it started happening. Any idea how to fix it? I have had to resort to turning off all lock screen and notification alerts for BBM. :(

You're very welcome. I haven't figured out how to prevent it, and I don't know if the BBM update addresses the issue because I've yet to install it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal