Tweetbot iOS7?

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone heard anything concrete? Ive heard bits flying around on twitter, but nothing confirmed, im looking forward to a refresh, as im sure are quite a few others

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I haven't heard anything concrete and I hope that it's not much of a refresh because I love the UI of Tweetbot on iPad and iPhone.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Been wondering the same thing - very disappointed in devs that still have not updated more than a week after the official iOS 7 release. They had an entire beta period to prepare and still nothing released or even mentioned on their website blog. Stinks.. :crying:

But on a positive note Twitter and Twitterrific both look good with their iOS 7 updates. :yes:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Been wondering the same thing - very disappointed in devs that still have not updated more than a week after the official iOS 7 release. They had an entire beta period to prepare and still nothing released or even mentioned on their website blog. Stinks.. :crying:

But on a positive note Twitter and Twitterrific both look good with their iOS 7 updates. :yes:

Twitteriffic does really look good. Unfortunately, it’s Twitteriffic, and I just can’t get comfortable using it. I can’t say why, it is just "different". C'mon, Tapbots, update your apps!

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm piling on too. C'mon Tweetbot! You've been banished from my home screen as I await an IOS 7 update :-(

Sent from my iPhone on Tapatalk Pro...

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I tried twitterrific when tweetbot didn't update. I'm not sure I will go back at this point, especially if tweetbot for iOS 7 is a paid update. That is their biggest mistake if you ask me, giving users time to try and like other apps. The developer doesn't seem to want to give any kind of time frame to its large customer base.

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I have been using the native twitter app, and i kind of like the social aspect of it, how you can see everything, i also has echofon and they just updated that and it looks and feels great, so im not sure if i will use tweetbot again if it is a paid upgrade

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I liked the official twitter app except for the notifications and color. The notifications only shows you "1" regardless of how many notifications you have, and the blue is too light with the white font. If that were changed, I would probably just stick with it.

I also see no reason why twitter can't sync our TL's with their app and twitter.com.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Twitteriffic does really look good. Unfortunately, it’s Twitteriffic, and I just can’t get comfortable using it. I can’t say why, it is just "different". C'mon, Tapbots, update your apps!
I hate to say the opposite but ever since the day threw down the article on the iMore Blog about Twitteriffic and how much he liked it and back then it was free i jumped on it and have not stopped on it since. Now that there is the Twitteriffic 5 app out and has been for some time with iOS 7 compatibility I use it every day and and like Don I cannot say why other than I really get into the UI and with the different colors and looks it is very easy for identification on certain Tweets, Retweets and so on. There are way too many things to list here but I just get into it..I have tried the Native app and Tweetbot but my preference still is going to stay where it is .Nothing personal as everyone has different preferences and Twitteriffic is mine.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Honestly at this point I don't mind if its a paid upgrade as long as there are significant changes to the app.

I'm more irked at the lack of communication of what is going on with the app and the timing of not even having an update out yet..

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Honestly at this point I don't mind if its a paid upgrade as long as there are significant changes to the app.

I'm more irked at the lack of communication of what is going on with the app and the timing of not even having an update out yet..

That was my first gripe. No communication and it was late. There certainly should have been communication if it wasn't going to launch in time. I contacted them on twitter and literally didn't get abywayrw except, "it's coming. It's hard when we have kids and family."

Now they allowed me to try twitterrific and I enjoy it.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
That was my first gripe. No communication and it was late. There certainly should have been communication if it wasn't going to launch in time. I contacted them on twitter and literally didn't get abywayrw except, "it's coming. It's hard when we have kids and family."

Now they allowed me to try twitterrific and I enjoy it.

At least you got a response...

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Look at their twitter accounts. One of them tweet about people not getting a iOS 7 update because they're weren't given a free 5s. I have no idea if they were serious, but I bought twitterrific minutes later.

Their response to me was a giant middle finger in my book.

pidstrukalo

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Seems like guys from Tapbots have a long vacation :)

I'm using their Weightbot and it much worse than tweetbot - it doesn't support iPhone 5 screen resolution :cant-watch:
It's hard to realize that such cool guys do nothing :crying:

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
It's coming soon. They had to rewrite a majority of the code for the new iOS 7 features. Give them a little time. Making the best app for iOS 7 takes time.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
It's coming soon. They had to rewrite a majority of the code for the new iOS 7 features. Give them a little time. Making the best app for iOS 7 takes time.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Thanks for the tip although it would seem they've had plenty of time over the last few months with all the betas available to developers.

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the above comment. The developers - who do seem snarky on Twitter - had the same amount of time to get Tweetbot in order as the other app developers did. Their lack of communication might be a PR stunt to surprise people with a new app, but at this point, it could backfire with people jumping ship to other apps. I also wouldn't be surprised it they make Tweetbot a paid update.

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Me too, other then tweetbot none of their apps have been updated for years, and i really like tweetbot, but i love the look and feel of ios7 and tweetbot doesnt fit, and ive also been watching the comments on twitter and they are rather rude and snarky, and i also agree it may have been a big mistake to let people try other apps and be rude and snarky about their app, which when its released im sure will be awesome though

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I’m forcing myself to use Twitteriffic for now... on both my iPhone and my iPad. I really don’t like the (unupdated) Twitteriffic on my MBP, though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh