Introducing ShopIt - simple and handy shopping list iPhone app

ShopIt App

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
iTunes URL: https://vimeo.com/73449935
Site: http://www.shopit-app.com/

iTunes URL: [URL="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shopit-simple-handy-shopping/id674689216?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shopit-simple-handy-shopping/id674689216?mt=8[/URL]

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for introducing your app to the iMore community, and hopefully, many of our members will give it a try and provide feedback, both good and bad. In the meantime, take some time to get familiar with the http://forums.mobilenations.com/rules-policies/766-app-developer-forum-rules-guidelines.htmlhttp://forums.mobilenations.com/rules-policies/766-app-developer-forum-rules-guidelines.htmlApp and Developer Forum Rules & Guidelines as well as the members of this community whom you just introduced your app to. Take care…:)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I am interested in this app, as well. Specifically, I am looking for something like this app that supports iCloud sharing of the shopping list. I am constantly having to copy/paste my shopping list into a text message for my wife. Does this support iCloud-shared lists?

ShopIt App

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi Fausty82,

Thank you for your interest. We do not have sync between devices (something that we call "family account") right now but this is a number 1 thing on our roadmap. For now I can say that ShopIt will stop your copy/pasting activities :) because send list by SMS or Email feature is already there!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
First of all welcome to iMore and I have noticed that other members have asked you questions and you have answered back so that is big being hands on and answering them yourself. That makes members feel at ease dealing with Developers this way. I hope you have much success with your shopping app because I know this is big. Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions. :)

ShopIt App

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
First of all welcome to iMore and I have noticed that other members have asked you questions and you have answered back so that is big being hands on and answering them yourself. That makes members feel at ease dealing with Developers this way. I hope you have much success with your shopping app because I know this is big. Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions. :)

Hi Jaguarr40,

Thank you for all warm wishes and your attention. We are very happy to hear all questions and comments. iMore's community is just amazing and very responsive (the best :yes: on the internet, believe me, I've checked that :cool:).

We are very community oriented company so please keep questions and comments coming!

pidstrukalo

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Wow, looks tasty!

1. Are you going to have some discount period?
2. When will you plan to have version for Android? (because my wife is using HTC and I would like to have sync between iPhone & HTC)

ShopIt App

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Wow, looks tasty!

1. Are you going to have some discount period?
2. When will you plan to have version for Android? (because my wife is using HTC and I would like to have sync between iPhone & HTC)

Hi pidstrukalo,

Thank you for your questions.
1. $0.99 is already a discounted price and our app will cost 99 cents only until release of the next major version. Everyone who buys ShopIt now will get new features (including sync) at no additional cost.
2. We are planning to release Android version next year. For now I would recommend to use "Send by SMS" or "Send by email" features to share your shopping lists.

P.S. We are now available on the App Store!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
thank you for the notification ShopIt !! I have downloaded it and I'm currently setting up a list as my day goes on, to try it out :)

🎀Sent from my pink-a-licious 4S🎀

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I've had a chance to put items on a list and use it in action at the grocery store today, being that I wound up needing to take a trip there for about 15 items:) I like the pre-stored items included and the ease to add them to a list with a swipe. Adding your own items is just easy as well. After completing my shopping trip, the items that I swiped as purchased remained on the bottom of the list crossed out, so this is handy if I need to re-add an item, it can be done again with just a swipe. I choose to use the pink theme because the green made the font a little difficult for me to see.

Overall, I do like the set up and how clean & simple the interface of it is. However, there would be 2 changes that I suggest: 1) I'd like to be able to have the list be put together according by category. By this I mean, I had 2 items with the "frozen"(snowflake) icon, but they were in 2 seperate parts of the list and I did almost over look one of my items. So maybe having the list with a sort choice by 'category'(icon) would be a nice addition. 2nd) When adding your own custom item, being able to tap on it to edit it. I added "microwave popcorn light butteh" but i mis-spelled butter, so I had to delete the whole entry to add it correctly. Unless there is a way to edit a custom entry that I over looked (?)

Overall, I do really like this list app & I see myself continuing to use it. I do tend to favor apps that have swipe gestures more so than ones that have 'taps' to initiate an action. It just seems more of a natural action to me when using my phone....call me crazy:p LOL. I know this is just your debut and I will look forward to any updates that you may have in mind for the future !!

Thank you for bringing this great app to the app store :D

ShopIt App

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so I've had a chance to put items on a list and use it in action at the grocery store today, being that I wound up needing to take a trip there for about 15 items:) I like the pre-stored items included and the ease to add them to a list with a swipe. Adding your own items is just easy as well. After completing my shopping trip, the items that I swiped as purchased remained on the bottom of the list crossed out, so this is handy if I need to re-add an item, it can be done again with just a swipe. I choose to use the pink theme because the green made the font a little difficult for me to see.

Overall, I do like the set up and how clean & simple the interface of it is. However, there would be 2 changes that I suggest: 1) I'd like to be able to have the list be put together according by category. By this I mean, I had 2 items with the "frozen"(snowflake) icon, but they were in 2 seperate parts of the list and I did almost over look one of my items. So maybe having the list with a sort choice by 'category'(icon) would be a nice addition. 2nd) When adding your own custom item, being able to tap on it to edit it. I added "microwave popcorn light butteh" but i mis-spelled butter, so I had to delete the whole entry to add it correctly. Unless there is a way to edit a custom entry that I over looked (?)

Overall, I do really like this list app & I see myself continuing to use it. I do tend to favor apps that have swipe gestures more so than ones that have 'taps' to initiate an action. It just seems more of a natural action to me when using my phone....call me crazy:p LOL. I know this is just your debut and I will look forward to any updates that you may have in mind for the future !!

Hi ThePinkChameleon,

Thank you so much for your feedback :yes:! We really-really-really appreciate it.

You are right - there is no option to edit custom products in version 1.0.0
But I have good news - after a short conversation inside the company we have put both items into our road map, so you can expect shopping cart category sorting feature and editing feature for custom products in the next few months! And we have some more small but great features to come. So stay tuned!

Once again, I want to thank you for your time and honest feedback, we are your fans :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Because of your review, I will indeed purchase the app and give it a whirl. Thank you, Pink....:)

Hi ThePinkChameleon,

Thank you so much for your feedback :yes:! We really-really-really appreciate it.

But I have good news - after a short conversation inside the company we have put both items into our road map, so you can expect shopping cart category sorting feature and editing feature for custom products in the next few months! And we have some more small but great features to come. So stay tuned!

Once again, I want to thank you for your time and honest feedback, we are your fans :)
Thank you for being quick to respond to Pink as well as show a willingness to be open to suggestions. This lets me know that you are worthy of the money I will spend on the app as soon as I type this reply....:)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi ThePinkChameleon,

Your very welcome:) I'm glad to hear you & your team have collaborated and will be putting together a nice little update to come - I will be patiently waiting for these 2 options. In the meantime, I will continue to use your app and enjoy it :D

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Because of your review, I will indeed purchase the app and give it a whirl. Thank you, Pink....:)
yvw D !! I hope you enjoy it, and find it as useful as I do :)
Thank you for being quick to respond to Pink as well as show a willingness to be open to suggestions. This lets me know that you are worthy of the money I will spend on the app as soon as I type this reply....:)
This definately shows the devs support for their app....and we love when the devs are open to things like this :)

ShopIt App

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
yvw D !! I hope you enjoy it, and find it as useful as I do :)

This definately shows the devs support for their app....and we love when the devs are open to things like this :)

I will tell you THE BIG SECRET - devs love to hear positive feedback about their apps :D Negative feedback makes them nervous, but positive feedback is what they are working for.
When we hear "good job, we benefit from having you app on our phones (desktops, servers...)" we go crazy :dancing:

ThePinkChameleon, JustMe'D you have made my day!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2