Need good replacement app for native Reminders App

JsGrandma

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Evidently Contacts isn't available in the Reminders app in iOS 7 to set the location "when I arrive", so now I need to find a good replacement app for it. Any ideas? OR if you know how to use the Contacts app to set the location, please let me know that. I know it will let you place a pin for the location, but I have the addresses of the places I use the most in my Contacts.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Evidently Contacts isn't available in the Reminders app in iOS 7 to set the location "when I arrive", so now I need to find a good replacement app for it.
Yes, they are...Sort of..:)
Any ideas? OR if you know how to use the Contacts app to set the location, please let me know that. I know it will let you place a pin for the location, but I have the addresses of the places I use the most in my Contacts.

1. Initiate the Reminders App
2. Tap to create a new reminder
3. Tap on the "i" to the right of the reminder you just created.
4. Enable "Remind me at a location"
5. Tap on "Location".
6. If prompted, give the Reminders app permission to use your current location.
7. In the search box, start typing the name of a recipient in your contacts list.

JsGrandma

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Thank you so much! I wasn't asked for permission but typing in the name of the store did bring up multiple listings and I was able to choose the one I wanted, slide the bar over to "when I arrive" and have it stay. Thank you again! :rotfl:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes, they are...Sort of..:)

1. Initiate the Reminders App
2. Tap to create a new reminder
3. Tap on the "i" to the right of the reminder you just created.
4. Enable "Remind me at a location"
5. Tap on "Location".
6. If prompted, give the Reminders app permission to use your current location.
7. In the search box, start typing the name of a recipient in your contacts list.
I too would like to use this feature and tried to duplicate your instructions but do not see an "i"after the reminder i type as a new event? Did not go any further after that and deleted my test reminder.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I too would like to use this feature and tried to duplicate your instructions but do not see an "i"after the reminder i type as a new event? Did not go any further after that and deleted my test reminder.

Jag,
Try dragging the Reminder to the left. The "More" & "Delete" field appear.
click on more.
Hope that helps

Reminders still has a lot of work. The "i" doesn't always appear & I find it hard to place the cursor where I want it sometimes.
And don't get me started on not having an "All Day" setting anymore. They took that away several updates ago.

Good Luck

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73