The music App we all have it.

Lamont Raccoon

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello my first topic :D. After the many years I've used cell phones and ipods until the year 2010 when I got an iphone and both my loves were finally into one device, I have to ask. Does anyone here with an iPhone use the default music app? Does everyone instead stream their music? I searched google insanely for an answer or at least a decent debate on the issue. I use mine iPhone as my main music player, I grew up on walkmans and having to stop my music to answer the phone was a HUGE reason why I fell in love with the iPhone. It's now 2013 and I'm still jamming on my phone, but after a chat with one of my friends who asked " You still put music on your phone? " It got me thinking, I also noticed when people review any smartphone they rarely compare the music apps. Most people just download whatever streaming app/ radio and call it a day. I simply saw the streaming apps as an online radio, with breaks. IS there something I'm missing by simply playing the music on my device vs getting a streaming app and listening to music that way? Am I behind the times? Pretty much what do you guys use and why, is steaming better than simply having the music on the device? I hope this isn't too pointless of a question, forgive me if it is.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I use the default music app and rarely use a streaming app but this is mainly because I have over 40GB of music. I use Pandora for streaming but generally only when listening with another person and not desiring to craft a playlist. They both have their advantages but I prefer to have the music on my device so I can listen wherever I am and not be concerned with Internet connectivity.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I have my entire music collection on my iPad. I use Spotify because there are still a lot of songs I don't have in my collection, and sometimes I want to listen to something that I don't have, or want to hear the entire album when I only have the one song.

fatfury

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I use Spotify to stream radio and listen to virtually any song or album and do not have any music stored on my phone. For me, over the years I found that at some point I would get tired of listening to the same songs I bought over and over again. Sure I could switch them out with other songs or even purchase new ones, but I realized that I was spending so much money on songs and albums. I researched Spotify and learned that for 9.99 a month, I could have virtually any song or album I want when I wanted it without taking up precious space on my iPhone. They usually have all the new releases on release day and when I'm in the mood to listen to something old, I can search of on Spotify and its there. For me I was purchasing over $10 worth of music a month so at $9.99 a month for almost unlimited music, artists, genre, and streaming radio, it was a better option.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner