Replaced Tweetbot With Official Twitter App

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Is it just me, or has the twitter app just been getting better and better lately, im not a power twitter user so all the bells and whistles tweetbot has is paling in comparison to how easy it is to search for people to follow and the suggestions on the twitter app, im pretty impressed, anyone feel the same?

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Is it just me, or has the twitter app just been getting better and better lately, im not a power twitter user so all the bells and whistles tweetbot has is paling in comparison to how easy it is to search for people to follow and the suggestions on the twitter app, im pretty impressed, anyone feel the same?

Nope, I tried to use the official twitter app and went back to Tweetbot within 5 minutes.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
No I'm sorry. I tried the new updated app yesterday and hated it. They are trying too hard IMO. Tweetbot is an amazing app. I deleted the native twitter altogether.

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I've started using the official twitter app myself. Tweetbot seemed to be getting rather stale UI-wise and too many bells and whistles for my liking as you stated. So far I'm liking it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I've always used either the official app or Echofon?never a fan of Tweetbot's styling, which always seemed tacky and overdone to me.

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah i have been using tweetbot for a long time, i just thought id give the old twitter app a try and for my needs it suits me better

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah i have been using tweetbot for a long time, i just thought id give the old twitter app a try and for my needs it suits me better

On iPhone the only app that I've liked for twitter was Tweetbot, with my iPad I've been more flexible using Tweetings HD, Twitter, and Tweetbot. I think twitter's official app for iPad has always been a nice option but it never quite captured me on iPhone.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Still using Tweetbot on iPhone, iPad and MacBook Pro... still the best... the "official" Twitter app has been getting better... but still a way to go to catch up to Tweetbot, IMHO.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
It's very good now; however some key functions are missing. I need inline photos and the ability to disable retweets for specific users. The native app is perfect, with those exceptions. I expect to see them add those features in shortly.

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
It's very good now; however some key functions are missing. I need inline photos and the ability to disable retweets for specific users. The native app is perfect, with those exceptions. I expect to see them add those features in shortly.

I'm able to disable retweets by user by going to their profile, clicking the little person icon and a disable retweets option comes up.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm able to disable retweets by user by going to their profile, clicking the little person icon and a disable retweets option comes up.

Really!? Didn't know they added that in. Thanks for the tip. Ill have to take a look.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I believe the option says "Turn off retweets" but it seems to work! I'd like to also see inline pictures as well as a mute feature.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

It is indeed getting better, in my opinion. I switch back & forth between it and Tweetbot, but I've been primarily using the official Twitter app for the past month or more. The only thing it is lacking, in my regard, is in-house Instapaper support.

Bias reduX

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Coming from stock app on android and coming back to tweetbot on my iPhone. I never realized how unappealing tweetbot looked, it doesn't seem user friendly at all.

I might give the twitter app a go, but I did miss having some of the bells and whistles of tweetbot.

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Just noticed that apparently blocking retweets on the native twitter app doesn't seem to stick. I checked several users that I've blocked retweets on and it offered the option of blocking retweets again. Not good. I may give Twitteriffic another shot.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site

Ever since Twitter bought Tweetie, it's gone downhill. That's pretty much the general consensus of anyone who's ever heard of Twitter.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR