PHOTO CANDY - Add Shapes & Patterns to your Photos! +Promo Codes

theDofDNA

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Well iMore it's been a wild ride these past 7 months developing this app. Since we were last on these boards we have been successful in the launch of Photo Candy and now have released a major update to the free version while simultaneously releasing Photo Candy Pro which will run $1.99. I've updated this post with relevant information & photos. If you would like a Promo Code to try out Photo Candy Pro I will be giving out 5 to iMore members and it's first come first serve! Thanks for your support and check out the new update.

If you want more information hop over to the itunes page in the appstore. It just got released today so it's hot off the presses!
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/photo-candy-add-shapes-patterns/id680469544?mt=8&at=10l3Vy (Free Version)

Photo Candy is a unique new app that allows you to add patterns on top of your photos & then mask them out with a shape. Full customization of colors & filters for the pattern, shape, and background allow you to take a normal photo and turn it into a piece of art. With over 40 patterns & shapes built in the possibilities are endless. Take your creativity to the next level with Photo Candy!

(Free Version)
Features ///
*Timer 5, 15, 30, 60 seconds
*Scale & Crop (Instagram Ready)
*Presets so you can save your favorite filter effects, pattern & shape combinations, and more!
*Favorites folder for easy access to your favorite patterns & shapes
*25 Filters & 20 Colors that you can control independently via opacity sliders. Blend colors & filters to create your own custom filters!
*40 Exclusive Patterns and Shapes! Modify them using pinch, rotate, and slide.
*Alignment & Rotation tool to precisely have control of your shapes & patterns.
*Multiple Layers so you can build as much or as little as you want
*Share your photos instantly via Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc

How to use Photo Candy ///
* Upload or take a photo
* Scale and crop photo
* Add a preset, modify the preset, or start from scratch
* Add a pattern, modify the pattern to your liking, and then add a color/filter to your pattern
* Add a shape mask to your pattern, modify the shape to your liking, and add a color/filter to your shape
* Adjust the background color/filter
* Save and share to all your favorite social media sites

Whats Coming ///
We are overwhelmed by the support that you all have given us throughout the building of Photo Candy and we will continue to try to make Photo Candy the best app that it can be. Here?s a little of what you can expect as we gear up to give 100% full support to this app throughout it?s life cycle.

Community with featured Photo Candy edits from around the world.
In depth tutorials from the basics to advanced features of Photo Candy.
Developer chats, so you can give direct feedback straight to us!
Special themed pattern & shape packs.
More photo editing features.
And much, much more!

Make sure to hashtag your awesome candified photos #photocandy on Instagram or Twitter for your chance to be featured.

Follow us on Instagram @photocandyapp

FREE1_Splash.png

FREE2_Patterns.png

FREE3_Presets.png

FREE4_Filters.png

FREE5_Rotate.png

Just_Photos.jpg

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: PHOTO CANDY - Add Shapes & Patterns to your Photos!

Thank you for choosing the iMore forums to introduce your app. We know you've worked hard to prepare it and thus, we wish you the best of success with it. In the meantime, feel free to peruse the forums and interact with the rest of the iMore community as well as take time to get familiar with the App and Developer Forum Rules & Guidelines. Take care.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

:) thanks for posting your app here !! I'm dwlding it now to check it out -looks like it has some really fun features !!

theDofDNA

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site

No problem, will do. Thanks PinkChameleon! Looking forward to see what you can create. Feel free to post your finalized images here for all to see. =D

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

On behalf of everyone at iMore both Staff and members we appreciate you bringing us a new app for review. It looks very interesting and I am sure you worked very hard at it. We all wish you much success with it. If you need any help with anything, Please don't hesitate to contact us.
Please feel free to have a look around at all of the other forums especially the Development & Design forum. Once again
thank You for being a part of iMore!
To be sure that all App Developers conform with all of the posting regulations we ask that you
familiarize yourself with the App and Developer Rules & Guidelines

theDofDNA

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site

A little update v1.1 is coming out by the end of this week or early next (depends on when we get approved by apple). There will be a bunch of fixes and user experience upgrades. We will also include 2 free patterns & 2 free shapes as a thank you to everyone who helped make us a Top50 app in our first week! Woot. Thanks to anyone who downloaded the app and checked it out. In v1.2 we will be doubling the resolution of the export of the images and have a bunch of additional features planned as well. Stay tuned everybody!

pariksha

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site

thanks theDofDNA,

I like your photo candy app.just i shared it with few friends.they love to much photos sharing & uploading app.Using app process is very simple and user friendly.

theDofDNA

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site

Awesome. I'm happy you enjoy the app. v1.1 is slated for next week & luckily we have been able to include increased resolution & clarity of the image in this version. v1.2 will have 2048x2048 resolution export as well. Stay tuned for more Photo Candy!

theDofDNA

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site

Major update to the Free Version of the app and the release of Photo Candy Pro!

If anyone has comments, questions, or concerns feel free to e-mail me at dna (at) dnaimagery.com

Please share with all your friends and family. Thanks for the support everyone! :smile:

theDofDNA

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: PHOTO CANDY - Add Shapes & Patterns to your Photos! +Promo Codes

1 more promo code available. Please pm or post here if you would like to try out Photo Candy Pro.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox