Why do people rag on Apple Maps?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Kch, not sure if you are saying that the post above was hating on Apple Maps or not but if so I did not read anything in Xm_jdm's post above that is hateful toward Apple maps. What he said is that he was taken to wrong places before while using them. This indicates to me that at least he tried them and isn't just trashing them without even trying them like some people do. I've tried Apple Maps before as well and the directions were never as good as what I got while using my Navigon App.
Just saying that I see lots of things people are saying are 'bad' about Apple Maps can, and do happen on other devices and apps and are not exclusive problems to Apple... and the last part of what I said above was NOT directed to anyone in particular.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
View attachment 35476

this is why i hate apple maps. don't give me the usual answers, that where yoi live is working greate. where i live, a town with 200k ppl not 1 street has a name. i can't set my home address, i can't set my work address. i made countless reports about it, but nothing, and i mean absolutly nothing has changed in the last year.

LMFAO! Don't give you the "usual answers"? Why? Because it's reality and you're having problems because you live in a little Romanian town? (200k is a bit optimistic btw, lol).

Perhaps some of the farmlands with populations of 4 should start complaining too...and telling people who live in major metropolitan areas not to give them the "usual answer". Give me a freakin' break.

You know why nothing has changed? Because there are significantly higher priorities than your little town.

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 35476

this is why i hate apple maps. don't give me the usual answers, that where yoi live is working greate. where i live, a town with 200k ppl not 1 street has a name. i can't set my home address, i can't set my work address. i made countless reports about it, but nothing, and i mean absolutly nothing has changed in the last year.

in the interest of balance, this is why i love apple maps

dyhr.png
zjwj.png

accurate, reliable, beautiful, ticking all the boxes, especially with iOS7, imo improving the experience even more.

Ventus221

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Beside some of the common bugs, It's seen as a departure of quality for Apple. They abandoned a mapping solution that is better (Google Maps) and replaced it with something that was deemed sub par by a huge contingent of the tech community. People "rag" on it because its not a quality product that Apple is known for and it was an embarrassment for the company. People still harp on it to rub salt in the wound. Personally, Apple maps isn't terrible, it's just Google Maps has been refined for years longer and has a massive user base for use it more than the Apple variation. It's not as refined as G-Maps and in time could be refined to the same degree if not more so.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
This is just silly and we could go on for hours, plenty of options out there, if you like either we're happy about it but please move on...

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Those experiences are not unique to Apple Maps... It happens on Gamin Nuvis... TomToms... and has happened to me with Google Maps & Navigon too... people hate on Apple Maps because they can... and some of them, because they want to to hate on Apple.

The same could be said about people who hates Google maps for not being made by Apple... There are haters on both sides..

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Just saying that I see lots of things people are saying are 'bad' about Apple Maps can, and do happen on other devices and apps and are not exclusive problems to Apple... and the last part of what I said above was NOT directed to anyone in particular.
Hey Keith, trust me I've seen it on here and other forums many times and trust me I agree with you 100%. I think some day Apple Maps will be on par with other Apps like Google, Navigon, ect... But like all good things it will take some time, and hopefully people won't bash them without trying it first.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Beside some of the common bugs, It's seen as a departure of quality for Apple. They abandoned a mapping solution that is better (Google Maps) and replaced it with something that was deemed sub par by a huge contingent of the tech community. People "rag" on it because its not a quality product that Apple is known for and it was an embarrassment for the company. People still harp on it to rub salt in the wound. Personally, Apple maps isn't terrible, it's just Google Maps has been refined for years longer and has a massive user base for use it more than the Apple variation. It's not as refined as G-Maps and in time could be refined to the same degree if not more so.
I fail to see the infatuation with Google... if it's the only thing you've ever used, you'll think it's great... but coming from using stand-alone PNDs since having a Garmin Nuvi 350... to my present Nuvi 765t... frankly Google hasn't held a candle to that end user experience for me... and I find Navigon and Garmin's StreetPilot apps better than Google.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Ready... Fight!

Friendship.png

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
LMFAO! Don't give you the "usual answers"? Why? Because it's reality and you're having problems because you live in a little Romanian town? (200k is a bit optimistic btw, lol).

Perhaps some of the farmlands with populations of 4 should start complaining too...and telling people who live in major metropolitan areas not to give them the "usual answer". Give me a freakin' break.

You know why nothing has changed? Because there are significantly higher priorities than your little town.

and that Sir... was mean .

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Maybe the possibility of the old school thinking of the problems that existed when Maps first came out and had issues ...moving present day and some gave up and stopped using it, Some did not help in the process of reporting issues and some don't understand it or are use to something else that works for them so therefore you have many differing answers.

I myself have no issues and it works every time I use it. There are always going to be exceptions but from launch until now it is a totally different app that deserves it's chance IMO.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site

Now that's just rude.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox