Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JustMe'D
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Jaguarr40's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    13,013 Posts
    Global Posts
    17,154 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1.2

    Default Twitterrific 5 update brings refreshed interface, new Today view, and more: Via iMore Blog

    Twitterrific 5 update brings refreshed interface, new Today view, and more

    I started personally using this app the day Rene and Allyson reviewed it on the blog side when it first came out and that was before it had push notifications. Now that 5 has been out for some time with Push notifications and these new features, it just makes a 3rd party Twitter app even better yet and i hope you all try it because it is so worth it... I didn't even get paid to say that...

    Twitterrific 5 update brings refreshed interface, new Today view, and more | iMore.com
    ~JAG~
    Member Of iMore & Mobile Nations!
    In Memory Of Steve Jobs ... Rest In iPeace


  2. #2  
    swarlos's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,347 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,903 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.0.2

    Default Re: Twitterrific 5 update brings refreshed interface, new Today view, and more: Via iMore Blog

    I did buy it but have been using TweetBot as my main Twitter Client. I like the UI of Twitteriffic 5 more than TweetBot but there were just some things in TweetBot that I like more like the drag to right to view conversations and the toolbar at the bottom.

    Have you used TweetBot Jag and which one do you prefer?
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    Jaguarr40's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    13,013 Posts
    Global Posts
    17,154 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1.2

    Default Re: Twitterrific 5 update brings refreshed interface, new Today view, and more: Via iMore Blog

    Quote Originally Posted by swarlos View Post
    I did buy it but have been using TweetBot as my main Twitter Client. I like the UI of Twitteriffic 5 more than TweetBot but there were just some things in TweetBot that I like more like the drag to right to view conversations and the toolbar at the bottom.

    Have you used TweetBot Jag and which one do you prefer?
    I wish i could say YES that I have uses Tweetbot but No I have not so i cannot answer your question although I know many that swear by it.

    Once I got use to all of the improvements in Twitterriffic including the push notifications now I just never looked back. having just installing this new version I really like the new features and it is cheap enough to give it a shot and i think asking you to do that i will do the same with Tweetbot.

    I have freinds that collect every Twitter client there is including of course the native but i stick with one and don't even have the native Twitter client set up. Thank you for asking.
    ~JAG~
    Member Of iMore & Mobile Nations!
    In Memory Of Steve Jobs ... Rest In iPeace


  4. #4  
    BLiNK's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,280 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,629 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

    Default Re: Twitterrific 5 update brings refreshed interface, new Today view, and more: Via iMore Blog

    this almost makes me want to get back on twitter... almost
  5. #5  
    carrickfergus's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    193 Posts
    Global Posts
    924 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0

    Default Re: Twitterrific 5 update brings refreshed interface, new Today view, and more: Via iMore Blog

    Quote Originally Posted by swarlos View Post
    I did buy it but have been using TweetBot as my main Twitter Client. I like the UI of Twitteriffic 5 more than TweetBot but there were just some things in TweetBot that I like more like the drag to right to view conversations and the toolbar at the bottom.

    Have you used TweetBot Jag and which one do you prefer?
    I have and am currently using Tweetbot, which I like very much but sometimes feel that it has become somewhat stale and a bit too busy. I love Twitteriffic 5's UI but wish for a few more features, such as streaming and showing what app people tweeted on (I know, minor but I like to know what apps people are using). You mentioned swiping right to view conversations on Tweetbot but you can view them on Twitteriffic by swiping left. I've gone back and forth and will probably give Twitteriffic another shot. I have a feeling that Tweetbot will probably be completely overhauled once iOS 7 is released.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    Jaguarr40's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    13,013 Posts
    Global Posts
    17,154 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1.2

    Default Re: Twitterrific 5 update brings refreshed interface, new Today view, and more: Via iMore Blog

    Quote Originally Posted by carrickfergus View Post
    I have and am currently using Tweetbot, which I like very much but sometimes feel that it has become somewhat stale and a bit too busy. I love Twitteriffic 5's UI but wish for a few more features, such as streaming and showing what app people tweeted on (I know, minor but I like to know what apps people are using). You mentioned swiping right to view conversations on Tweetbot but you can view them on Twitteriffic by swiping left. I've gone back and forth and will probably give Twitteriffic another shot. I have a feeling that Tweetbot will probably be completely overhauled once iOS 7 is released.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    You can more than count on every app being overhauled as we speak with iOS 7 coming out. That is why the Developers were given the betas and as tweeks are made to iOS 7 Developers make overhauls to their current apps and coming up with new apps so when the new OS goes public, What we are now using will be ready and new and exciting apps will come out right behind them. I can't wait.
    ~JAG~
    Member Of iMore & Mobile Nations!
    In Memory Of Steve Jobs ... Rest In iPeace


  7. #7  
    Appvism's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    51 Posts

    Default Re: Twitterrific 5 update brings refreshed interface, new Today view, and more: Via iMore Blog

    Out of curiosity, how does this compare with the general official Twitter app that is baked into the iPhone? I've been using that one (the official one) and its ok-ish. It does the job fine and yet, it kind of feels that it can be better/more efficient...

    Cheers,
  8. #8  
    JustMe'D's Avatar

    Posts
    22,080 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,314 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default Re: Twitterrific 5 update brings refreshed interface, new Today view, and more: Via iMore Blog

    Quote Originally Posted by Appvism View Post
    Out of curiosity, how does this compare with the general official Twitter app that is baked into the iPhone? I've been using that one (the official one) and its ok-ish. It does the job fine and yet, it kind of feels that it can be better/more efficient...

    Cheers,
    Wait a minute now. The one that's "baked in" to iOS is not a full-fledged Twitter app. You still have to install either the official Twitter app or a 3rd party Twitter app for full Twitter access.
    jclisenby likes this.
  9. #9  
    Garz's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    4,272 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,201 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    8.0

    Default Re: Twitterrific 5 update brings refreshed interface, new Today view, and more: Via iMore Blog

    Still lacking the most important feature for a power user. Streaming.
  10. #10  
    jclisenby's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,334 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,372 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6

    Default Re: Twitterrific 5 update brings refreshed interface, new Today view, and more: Via iMore Blog

    Quote Originally Posted by Garz View Post
    Still lacking the most important feature for a power user. Streaming.
    And blocking features. I disable RT's on a lot of folks I follow. I also have lots of word or user specific blocks set up. Twitterific lacks this feature, too.


    Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
  11. #11  
    Appvism's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    51 Posts

    Default Re: Twitterrific 5 update brings refreshed interface, new Today view, and more: Via iMore Blog

    Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    Wait a minute now. The one that's "baked in" to iOS is not a full-fledged Twitter app. You still have to install either the official Twitter app or a 3rd party Twitter app for full Twitter access.
    Apologies, I didn't mean that! :P But yes, i am using the official app...
  12. #12  
    jmendel33's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    393 Posts

    Default Re: Twitterrific 5 update brings refreshed interface, new Today view, and more: Via iMore Blog

    I Like The New Update, But I Cant Use It It Just Crashes On Me Immediatley


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
  13. #13  
    carrickfergus's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    193 Posts
    Global Posts
    924 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0

    Default Re: Twitterrific 5 update brings refreshed interface, new Today view, and more: Via iMore Blog

    Quote Originally Posted by jclisenby View Post
    And blocking features. I disable RT's on a lot of folks I follow. I also have lots of word or user specific blocks set up. Twitterific lacks this feature, too.


    Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
    This is not entirely true. Twitterific allows for "muffling" a user (their term for blocking) which instead of not showing any tweets shows a one line unobtrusive "preview" placeholder in your timeline, just in case you might want to take a look. The same applies for hashtags. I actually like this feature and do take a peek occasionally. I'm not sure if it applies to words as well since I've never tried it. And you can block retweets from specific users as well. Streaming is the only feature I'm still waiting for.

Similar Threads

  1. U No Kiss - a new casual game by Appvism
    By Appvism in forum iPhone Apps & Games
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-03-2013, 04:36 AM
  2. Swipes - Plan your daily tasks and beat procrastination!
    By Swipes Team in forum iPhone Apps & Games
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-24-2013, 03:52 PM
  3. New Bytafont Font
    By jmendel33 in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & Mods
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-24-2013, 02:53 PM
  4. New Posts View: Can't Get to Second Page of Results
    By Massie in forum iMore.com - Site News, Feedback, Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-24-2013, 08:30 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-23-2013, 02:29 PM

Posting Permissions