Mailbox App vs Boxer App

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I was a huge fan of Mailbox...loved all the features and told everyone I knew about it. Although it only supports gmail, it was still the best fit for me.

Now I need my work email on my phone and that is through Exchange/Outlook...so I found an alternative: Boxer. Pretty much same same as Mailbox but supports multiple types of email accounts. It doesn't have the 'send to my inbox if I've saved it for a later date' feature so to speak, but it does have a To Do list and you can put dates on those. Labels/Folders are available and so is sending a 'like' message back to recipient...

So far it's working well, little slow at times and found a bug with the badge (have it set to display ToDos but it disappears occasionally after I leave app and then shows again after I go back in...note sent to dev)

Thoughts?!! Anyone else switch?...I know multiple email types was huge with those waiting in line for Mailbox...

Sent from my sweet sassy iPhone

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Mailbox vs Boxer

It seems interesting enough, but I think I'll wait until the complaints about bugs subside a bit to test it out.

Droidrage729

May 31, 2012
Visit site

Boxer beat mailbox to the punch reguarding support for other platforms BUT mailbox is still the better mail app IMO .

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

I agree with you both...with the functions available for all my mail, I think I'll stick with it for now!! Maybe Mailbox will get there you-know-what in gear and get more mail accounts available soon!!

Sent from my sweet sassy iPhone

davidliu

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

Havent tried Boxer but since i have set up all my non-gmail accounts to Gmail anyway, i will still stick to Mailbox:)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner