Can you turn off sound for Mailbox?

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I can't seem to find it in settings. If I turn off notifications for new mail will I lose the banner? I guess maybe its part of the point to deal with it? I've never wanted a sound for email. Usually folks txt or FB.

sydneycooper1979

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Go in to settings, notifications, mail. Choose your account then click sound. Set your alert tone to none. That should allow you to keep the banner without hearing the sound.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I can't seem to find it in settings. If I turn off notifications for new mail will I lose the banner? I guess maybe its part of the point to deal with it? I've never wanted a sound for email. Usually folks txt or FB.

Under Settings / Notifications / Mail / <mail account> you can control what happens - sound, visual alert style, whether or not to show an unread message count on the Mail icon (badging), whether or not to show a preview of the message and whether or not it shows up on your lockscreen notification screen.

Also under Settings / Sounds you can set a tone when you receive and when you receive new mail. You can set it to any ringtone or alert tone on your phone or set it to NONE.

The two settings (sounds and visual alert style) are independent of each other.

Attachments

• IMG_1347.PNG
    IMG_1347.PNG
    127.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1348.PNG
    IMG_1348.PNG
    98.3 KB · Views: 12