Best and safest password manager app?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
All I can say is this: I've used several password manager apps including 1Password, KeyPass, mSecure, Keeper, pwSafe and DataVault. Out of those I mentioned, DataVault is the one that works best for me. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the others. I simply liked DataVault better. You will have to try them and/or others that aren't mentioned and decide which is best for YOU. Take care and enjoy your evening...:)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I've moved this thread to the Apps forum. You'll see that the question has been asked several times here. People are passionate about their choices.

​That being said, I liked DataVault so much I went to work for the company. So if nothing else, I can guarantee GREAT customer service.

MacRulez4Ever

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Damn hard to tell why 1password can be that good when its for free. And like ewallet and datavault cost 12 usd.

Their must be a huge difference and something important to separate free app and one for 12 usd or?

Sent from my iP?n5, using Tapatalk

ELavar

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
When I recently purchased my i5, I did A LOT of reading about this and finally settled with STRIP. All of them seemed relatively secure, but I read a couple of articles that tested the majority of the popular apps and STRIP was determined to be the most secure.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Damn hard to tell why 1password can be that good when its for free. And like ewallet and datavault cost 12 usd.

Their must be a huge difference and something important to separate free app and one for 12 usd or?

If 1Password is free then it's on sale it's normally $15USD I got it half off for $8USD on sale.

Blazin' tappity tap tap 2 you!

MacRulez4Ever

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Why does it always feels like the most expensive app is better den less
Expensive or free apps ;) i have to try them all out to see which one that suits me best :) this was not so easy tnx

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

1Password is not free in the App Store. It is currently listed at $8.99. As for free vs paid, that depends on the developer. If it is just a hobby or he or she feels inclined to offer a product they think we all should have for free, so be it. It doesn't mean the app is less effective at protecting data than a paid app. On the other hand, some developers want to be paid for giving us a product they've worked so hard to produce, and there is nothing wrong with that. Having said that, it is recommended that you read user reviews and test the product(s) for yourself.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal