FontBook for iOS

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
image.jpg

For anyone interested in typography and design, FontBook is almost certain to be the best 99 cents you’ll ever spend. The iOS app is ridiculously feature filled—so much so that I won’t even begin trying to cover it all here—but suffice it to say that it is the best typeface discovery tool I’ve ever used, with options that help you narrow the field by designer, use case, date of origin, and more. Find one you like? Tap over to the designer page to see what other typefaces he or she has come up with. There’s even a test page that lets you compare fonts side by side using your own custom text.

image.jpg

Find a font you have to have? Since the app is linked to FontShop, you can simply tap on the Buy Font ribbon to be carried away to the online shop.

image.jpg

But what really sets the app apart is its own design—fluid without being flashy, its tiles resize and slide away to reveal a rich world of content just beneath its uncluttered surface. It should be on every designer’s phone or tablet. If you do any web or print design, go get it—you'll be glad you did.

image.jpg

([URL="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fontbook-original-typeface/id448250130?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]iTunes[/URL])

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Looks like an interesting app Massie. I don't know personally what I would use it for but thank you for alerting us to it. I am sure many members will find it useful.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I actually just browse it like a magazine because I enjoy learning about typefaces, but it's also helpful for people choosing fonts for websites, iPhone themes, invitations, etc. The sorting options it make it much easier and more fun than just choosing from a long list in a word processing program.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods