Suggestions for to-do app w/ recurring events

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I've been looking for a to-do app that has recurring events on a specific day. Not having any luck. I don't want one that just lets me add a task for every 1 week, every 1 month, etc. I've found a bunch of those. I want more options like being able to set it up for every 4th Saturday (similar to what I can do with Google Calendar).

Anyone know of a decent app that lets you do this?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not that I could find. The ones I use (Any.Do, Checkmark & Reminders) all have the traditional settings that you've listed above. I'll keep searching for you though.

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I think I may have found a way around it, not sure yet. Basically I have certain events I'd like to happen (for example) every 4th Friday. Rather than set it up for every 1 month (which would go from 05/23 to 06/23 and not necessarily be the same day of the week) I set it to every 4 weeks (I think that will keep it on the same day of the week).

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I use Informant Pro. It allows me to set up recurring events based on things like the 3rd Wednesday of each month. It incorporates Apple reminders as tasks, and everything else you can think of. I like to keep everything in one app. A "to do" is part of my agenda and should be shown with everything else I have to do in a day.

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I second informant pro as well. Version 3 is really nice with evernote integration. Also have you tried the stock reminders app with SIRI? I know you can setup far more custom repeat options with Siri than you can with the UI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369401207.898221.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1369401222.523352.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1369401237.017563.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1369401255.643385.jpg
Just an example. As you can see SIRI can set up customs repeat intervals.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Omnifocus will give you what you're looking for. Omnifocus is a project management app and might be overkill for basic tasks and reminders.

Last edited:

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I have Pocket Informant Go!...and for same reasons everyone else noted: I like my todos on my calendar, they do go together! It's a great lil app...for other quick note stuff or lists I use Clear and Evernote now has reminders too!

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Just an example. As you can see SIRI can set up customs repeat intervals.

Thank you so much. I have dealing with a couple of items with repeats of every two days and every week day and moving it manually. This helps a great deal. :)

Sent From My Mobile Device Using Tapatalk

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
No problem, I think it's funny how certain apps can do a whole lot more than your led to believe, with the functionality being hidden away within your digital personal assistant.

projectman

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I second informant pro as well. Version 3 is really nice with evernote integration. Also have you tried the stock reminders app with SIRI? I know you can setup far more custom repeat options with Siri than you can with the UI.

I agree on the Informant Pro comments. It has been a go-to app for me. It handles events in every way that I need and actions/tasks can be pulled in from Reminders. You can build custom filters too. The newest update (to 3.0) made it even more functional.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I purchased the Pocket Informant Go version just to find out that the Pro version will be on sale for $4.99 this coming Memorial Day according to a tweet from its Twitter account. You can read it HERE.

Last edited:

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I purchased the Pocket Informant Go version just to find out that the Pro version will be on sale for $4.99 this coming Memorial Day according to a tweet from its Twitter account. You can read it HERE.

Thanks for that info D! I may go ahead and upgrade to that. The Go version is plenty sufficient but been reading some good stuff about a few other features.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that info D! I may go ahead and upgrade to that. The Go version is plenty sufficient but been reading some good stuff about a few other features.

No doubt about it, and although I don't need the pro version, I can't pass up a deal like that. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2