App for google talk/chat?

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Is there an app that i am not seeing that works for the IM/chat feature you can do in gmails desktop version?

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Right, but you have to use Google+ right? Which I do not use and will not use. I just want the few people I use that google talk feature with in my email window to be able to reach me on the road, and vice versa, but it seems there's not really a direct app for that.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
IM+ allows you to used multiple instant messenger products in one place. Hopefully Messages in iOS 7 will allow this feature as it does in Mac OS X.

thatotherdude24

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Right, but you have to use Google+ right? Which I do not use and will not use. I just want the few people I use that google talk feature with in my email window to be able to reach me on the road, and vice versa, but it seems there's not really a direct app for that.

No. With the new update Google+ and the hangouts and chat are 2 totally different apps. Go to the App Store and download Hangouts. It does exactly what you described you wanted. I've been using it already.

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Hangout works pretty good. I just wish it only lists just my google talk friend like a regular instant messenger app.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
No. With the new update Google+ and the hangouts and chat are 2 totally different apps. Go to the App Store and download Hangouts. It does exactly what you described you wanted. I've been using it already.

I did, it's requiring me to set up a Google+ profile, which I will not do. So I am deleting it.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I will check out these other ones listed. The Hangouts one definitely requires Google+. It will not go past Google+ setup.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I just did it and then went back in and killed Google+ online again. Hopefully that doesn't happen if I use this app again.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I hope it stays that way. Did it force you to put in your phone number? I got it to go around that, thankfully.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
It brings it up every time, ugh. I don't leave it logged in, in part for security in the event something happens where my phone goes rogue, so I have to go through this crap every time. They need to rid that Google+ and phone number crap and it might be a useable thing.

Titwyller

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Glad you mentioned Beejive. I use Beejive GT for my iPhone 4s. Just got the iPad Air yesterday and get a "no results" found when I search on Beejive or Beejive GT. Is there another version of Beejive I should use with iPad Air?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2