Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

103 Posts

Default File Encryption App

I'm looking for an app that can encrypt files (PDF and .doc) and passwords locally on my iphone 5 and ipad 2 as I do not want my information saved in a server on the net. I've read another topic on this board discussing password encryption but the apps recommended do not encrypt document files. One app I recently found that meets criteria: The Vault - Secure Document and Data Storage By BestApps. There's another app I've been looking at, oneSafe, but it is difficult to determine where they store the information so I sent them an inquiry.

If anyone has experience or knowledge of the two apps, I'd appreciate some insight. Also, if you are aware of any other apps that will meet my criteria, please suggest. Thanks
    iMore Genius

14,252 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

Default Re: File Encryption App

I don't personally have any info on this subject but you might if not already browse this in iTunes and contact some developers and I am sure someone here will see this that might have experience and answer you if they have any info. Thank you for posting.
    iMore Nanite

1 Posts

Default Re: File Encryption App

I am using Cloak Apps by Clault. I encrypt my files using Cloak. It encrypts your files on your device and works on Mac and iOS devices. Maybe you can try it out.