Combined apps on iOS screen

ckillam3

May 11, 2009
Visit site
I apologize if this has already been discussed, however I could not find it on I more.
All of my apps fill eight screens on my iPhone 5. I know I can combine apps within a screen. I want to know best practices from the experts on iMore. What might you offer? Thanks.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I apologize if this has already been discussed, however I could not find it on I more.
All of my apps fill eight screens on my iPhone 5. I know I can combine apps within a screen. I want to know best practices from the experts on iMore. What might you offer? Thanks.
If you wish to group "LIKE" apps together all you have to do is hold down an app until they all shake and then drag one on top of another, This will create a folder that you can rename or leave the name of what was chosen by the app. EX. Social apps by dragging all your Twitter or Facebook apps together. Good luck and have a great day.:)

[Mod Note] Moved to Apps & Games Forum

ckillam3

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Thank you for the reply. I still would like to know what the best practices are. What do the biggest users of iOS do with their apps? Thanks.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the reply. I still would like to know what the best practices are. What do the biggest users of iOS do with their apps? Thanks.

If you go to the IP5 or 4S forum and look at the threads that say Show us your Lock screen or home screen you will see what most of us do. Ignore the JB ones and just try and look at the regular screens and you will many people leave apps seperate as I do except on my last panel where i combine things i don't use into a folder. Many people use folders though. Best of luck and have a great evening.

The best practices are what works best for YOU.

The_Chosen_One

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I ended up w/ so many apps on my iPod that I just ended up grouping them into folders in ABC order, but still kept the most used ones on the home screen. I have lots of nieces and nephew (yes, 1 nephew) so I have a lot of kid games and those are in their own folders as well.

On my iphone, again I have the most used apps on the home page. I have a folder for "bills", (credit cards, banking, public storage, ATT, etc). I have a folder for bus schedules, one for utilites, ie calculator, calendar. I have a folder for weather and news apps I use most. I have a folder for survey apps. (I do surveys online for some side money). Then I have icons in the open that I use every day: Facebook, FB Messenger, app store, Mighty clock, Flashlight, Camera, Photos, Mail, Notes. In the bottom row I have the most important apps: Phone, Messages, Safari and Settings

I just restored my phone yesterday so I don't really have all my apps back yet, but that's how I layout my phone's apps

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner