I'm looking for a notes app to seamlessly sync with Google Drive - does one exist?

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey all, coming from an Android phone to iPhone 5.

On my Android phone, I had a nice little note taking app called NoteSync, here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...51bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5ub3Rlc3luYy5hbmRyb2lkIl0.

This app seamlessly synced with a folder in my Google Drive account, in which I could edit notes either from my phone, or straight from my Google Drive account on any computing device. The phone app would automagically sync with the info in the Google Drive notes folder, and worked offline.

Does such an app exist on iOS that has the same functionality, i.e. syncs with Google Drive, works offline, and able to edit/add/delete notes both from the phone and from the Drive account?

I have my stock Notes app to sync with Gmail, which works fine, however I cannot add to and edit the same notes outside of the Notes app on my iPhone, so it's not quite the same thing.

My search thus far has proven fruitless, anyone know of one I've been overlooking? Thanks.

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
If you're using a PC, the iCloud Control Panel app can be installed on the PC and will facilitate syncing mail, contacts, calendars, and notes from Outlook on the PC to iCloud.

iCloud Control Panel 2.1.1 for Windows

Can I add, delete and edit notes from the iCloud Control Panel? (I think I tried this, but was not successful)

Also, have to have Windows Vista and up for iCloud Control Panel, I do believe, which is fine for my home computer, but my work PC is stuck on XP, which I'm on way more than my home PC. Close, but no bueno.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You would do that on the PC with Outlook... and the items would sync to iCloud, and your iPhone... changes could also be made on your iCloud account's web page, and items would sync to the PC and phone... and of course things done on the phone would sync to iCloud, and your PC. And from looking around, there are versions of the iCloud Control Panel that can be downloaded that are XP compatible.

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I'll play around with it, however it's still a lot more convoluted than '1. open Drive folder 2. add/edit notes'

Back to the original question, are there any note taking apps that sync with Drive/Google Docs in the manner I'm looking for?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I use an app called GoDocs. Keeps everything in all my Google accounts. I can view and edit all my docs.

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Found my solution. icloud.com is a web based version of iCloud, let's me add/delete/edit notes seamlessly on any platform. This is pretty much the same thing my NoteSync app did on my Android phone. I've now changed my Notes sync provider back to iCloud and this is working for me. Thanks for the assist.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro