Copy.com: Dropbox Killer?

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Doubtful. Dropbox is an established service that probably won't be going anywhere anytime soon. It takes a lot to build a service like this. Trust is another important part, this company does not have that element yet. This interface looks smooth, but they have to meet all demands for all platforms, something Dropbox already does.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I personally find Dropbox very easy to use with a smooth user interface. I wont be changing anytime soon. Oh, and I have 50+ GB of FREE storage on DB... :)

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I personally find Dropbox very easy to use with a smooth user interface. I wont be changing anytime soon. Oh, and I have 50+ GB of FREE storage on DB... :)

Is that deal still available? If so how do I go about getting all that free space?

***Team Jailbreak, sent using TapaTalk
iPhone 5, iPad 2, Apple TV 3, Macbook Air
Tweet @LondonComp ***

slowmomomo

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Is that deal still available? If so how do I go about getting all that free space?

with dropbox you can collect friends referrals.. for every referral you earn 2 gb, I believe. .. it has some limits though (around 16gb)

With copy. com you can do the same, but you and the friend both earn 5gb each. there's no limit at the moment, so it seems.

xadmin

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Copy is great. It is the new Dropbox now. I use both currently, but Copy offers you more space for free than Dropbox. Both are good and both come with the desktop client to sync your files to their cloud servers.

Check it out and use this link to sign up for Copy to get 20GB free instead of the regular 15GB.

[Redacted]

Last edited by a moderator:

men ede

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I encourage you to use Copy.com
Copy is a new cloud service that offers 15 GB free, you can use it to store files, sync and share.

Sign up for copy.com using this referral link https://copy.com?r=nIBMEQ and both you and me will gain an additional 5 GB of storage for free!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Adding a referral link is not against our policy. However, if you have only a single post so that you can drop your referral link, chances are nobody will click it. Especially when other people who contribute regularly have the same referral link. (Just look at my sig.) ;)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I barley just got up to 6.9gb on drop box more than I need right now but more is always welcome lol

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I will stick with Dropbox thank you. It is proven, Is in many of the apps I have and works nice with them and it is always updated to stay to work with these other apps. I have never had any issues with Dropbox.

Kenyatel Waters

May 13, 2014
Visit site
I am currently using it and it's great. Unlike some of the others, you can stream directly from it and the servers transfer files extremely fast. I've had yet to have a problem as far as my data being lost, corrupted, etc.

One thing I don't like though is the way some of the controls are, like how I can store a copy of some shares if I use my phone app, but on the site it doesn't always give me the option. Another annoying thing is that I don't see a way to permanently delete things. You can erase them, but you can undelete them too... so I'm wondering if it REALLY deletes and undeletes, or if it just goes to a recycle bin, and if so... for how long before it's destroyed?

I guess since I'm not putting thing on there I don't want to ever be leaked or super private, then it doesn't matter... but it's ju

Here is my link (https://copy.com?r=VQxXqs) for it, if anyone wants an extra 5GB free. Cool thing with Copy is if you and others all share a folder collectively, it'll split the data usage between all it's shared with. Also, if you can STREAM from it unlike some of the others. Definitely worth the mention. To get the extra 5 GB, you just signup, confirm email by clicking activate in your email they send, and install the software that lets you sync. that's it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2