Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Beginner

85 Posts

Default Letterpress issue

I was having a good look around the iPhone section of the Beautiful Pixels site yesterday and came across Letterpress. It looks quite cool and remember a lot of players raving about it when it came out, so I installed it.

Booted it up (automatically signing in to Game Centre in the process), read the tutorial and clicked 'New Game' ... BOOM! Up pops one of the standard blue notifications saying:

Multiplayer Unavailable
    You are not allowed to play multiplayer games on this device

WTF? Is that some kind of carrier-level block (I'm on Vodafone in the UK)? Could maybe have understood if I was trying to play over 3G, which is pretty patchy in this part of the UK unless you happen to live in the centre of a city, but I was at home and on wi-fi at the time.

Anybody else had something like this?
    iMore Actual

1,888 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,453 Global Posts

Default Re: Letterpress issue

Sounds like parental controls. Go to settings app, general, restrictions, and scroll all the way to the bottom. You'll see the toggle in the image attached. Make sure it's on.Letterpress issue-imageuploadedbymobilenations1364015786.334276.jpg
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Beginner

85 Posts

Default Re: Letterpress issue

Yep, that's got it - thanks Rene! Had certainly been into 'Restrictions' in the past, but never noticed the multiplayer toggle right at the bottom.

Apologies to Vodafone for initially blaming them!