The email I just sent to Facebook concerning the iOS app

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
"It's quite obvious the FB dev's don't use iPhones or else they don't give half a about the users. The FB iOS app was always buggy and glitchy, then it switched to native code, and it worked a lot better. Then the updates came. And it's as buggy and glitchy as ever. It's always crashing, doesn't want to scroll, takes forever to load a picture and forget trying to zoom in it out are move it to read all text. Oh you wanted to close the picture, good luck with that too, takes forever to register that clicked the pic for the menu to hit done and scrolling out of it isn't really an option either, it almost never recognizes the swiping motion. Seriously, who thought any of these builds were passable? Get your together and make a fully functioning app that doesn't crash all the time and is as responsive as it should be."

Agree? Disagree? Wonder what FB will say.

Mobile engaged, message transmitted

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
"It's quite obvious the FB dev's don't use iPhones or else they don't give half a about the users. The FB iOS app was always buggy and glitchy, then it switched to native code, and it worked a lot better. Then the updates came. And it's as buggy and glitchy as ever. It's always crashing, doesn't want to scroll, takes forever to load a picture and forget trying to zoom in it out are move it to read all text. Oh you wanted to close the picture, good luck with that too, takes forever to register that clicked the pic for the menu to hit done and scrolling out of it isn't really an option either, it almost never recognizes the swiping motion. Seriously, who thought any of these builds were passable? Get your together and make a fully functioning app that doesn't crash all the time and is as responsive as it should be."

I agree wholeheartedly,but I doubt you'll even get a response. They obviously do not care about iOS users or we wouldnt be complaining about their God awful app. By FAR the worst app I use.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I disagree that the new app is bad. The old app, yes. It was terribly slow and laggy. The new version, however, is as fast as any other app available for iOS.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I disagree that the new app is bad. The old app, yes. It was terribly slow and laggy. The new version, however, is as fast as any other app available for iOS.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

I think the transition to apple software was a big step and that first update was great, but I've been having all kinds of problems with the app lately. If you haven't been having issues, I'm glad for you.

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm sick if the random crashes and no notification sound. It happened on my unjailbroken devices and continues on my now jailbroken devices. The same crashes occur on my wife's unjailbroken devices and she's been deleting and re installing the app to fix this every few days.

Funny thing happened today I had a b*tch about the crashing along with the fact that I understand facebook is free but I pay by giving them my personal info. I complained how even with all my info they seem to target irrelevant sponsored companies and apps on my stream. Since then I've had at least 12 sponsored ads in my timeline LoL.

Thankfully jailbreak tweaks like Flex have allowed me to remove all sponsored ads going forward hehe.

It is about time they really sorted the random crashes and the notification sounds that have been missing over a year now.

Adnams

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Really surprised to be reading this - FB was the first app I put on my IP5 in November and from then until now I've had none of the issues described above.

My previous phone was an Android and the native FB app on that was dire - very poor level of functionality, buggy, glitchy, you name it. So much so that a lot of Android owners were forced to use a third-party app - that app was so much more stable and functional. There was always the nagging perception that FB were putting all their efforts into the iOS version. That view seemed to be confirmed when I finally got my iPhone, as the difference in the native FB app was like night and day.

I may possibly be being a bit rose-tinted here, but I genuinely cannot remember having an app crash on my IP5 - it was a daily occurrence on Android.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Agree 100%. The FB app is deplorable. But get an answer? Not a chance. My mother originally set up her FB account with her ISP email. She has since moved and no longer has access to that email account. She is unable to get it changed in her account. I've tried for her. She's sent emails. I've sent emails on her behalf. No response.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site

While I agree that the app needs work, it's only fair to point out that your complaint email is a little "glitchy" too. Between missing words and odd sentence structure ("forget trying to zoom in it out are move it to read all text") is not always clear what bugs you're actually reporting. Either way, I'd guess that an automated form response would be the only reply any of us would get from Facebook.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
While I agree that the app needs work, it's only fair to point out that your complaint email is a little "glitchy" too. Between missing words and odd sentence structure ("forget trying to zoom in it out are move it to read all text") is not always clear what bugs you're actually reporting. Either way, I'd guess that an automated form response would be the only reply any of us would get from Facebook.

I'll give you the errors in the email, I sent it from the app on my phone and I have a tendency not to proofread wherever I type anywhere and iPhone typing is a lot sketchier than laptop typing. In your example the "it" and "are" are supposed to be "or"'s. And I'm not expecting a reply. I think Facebook feels to superior to reply to any one person.

Good OL MC

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The last update is causing some annoyance for me as well. The original poster summed up all of the problems I've been having. Laggy photo loads, unresponsive clicks, etc.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711