Reset pw in evernote now everythings gone!!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone help? Im freaking out!!

Keith is right. It happened earlier today. I was actually online at the Evernote website at the time and I was booted out and prompted with the password reset option. It scared the crap out of me initially. Then I realized that I couldn't access Evernote via the Evernote App on my MacBook, iPhone or iPad. I went ahead and changed my password and then I found the iMore article about what happened. So go ahead and change your password. You'll be okay.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The company has said that no user data is lost that they know of and their server(s)/system(s) are bogged down with the password changes... for what that's worth...

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Keith is right. It happened earlier today. I was actually online at the Evernote website at the time and I was booted out and prompted with the password reset option. It scared the crap out of me initially. Then I realized that I couldn't access Evernote via the Evernote App on my MacBook, iPhone or iPad. I went ahead and changed my password and then I found the iMore article about what happened. So go ahead and change your password. You'll be okay.

I think there was a misunderstanding, i changed my pw after they prompted me i had read it had been hacked, when i logged back in all my notes were gone

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I know why i was forced to reset my pw i read, but wheres all my notes? Thats why im freaking
Oh dang! Your notes should be readily available. If you havent already, logon to the Evernote website to verify that your notes are there or not.

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The company has said that no user data is lost that they know of and their server(s)/system(s) are bogged down with the password changes... for what that's worth...

Maybe thats what it is then, im hoping, i use evernote so much i cant afford to lose all that stuff

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
+1 Alli. I discovered the article on Flipboard yesterday around 2:30pm and from there before even getting a message, I went in and changed my pw as well. All of my content is still there, untouched.

Then, a little later in the evening when receiving the app update, I went in again and changed the pw as well just for extra precaution.

Pink-a-licious 4S doin' the TapAtalk!!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It took me like 10 trys but finally logged out and in and everythings back, changed my pw 3 times just to be safe lol, thanks everyone for responding

I'm glad your data is present & accounted for...;)...Thanks for the update. Take care and enjoy the rest of your evening.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR