Clash of Clans Unauthorized In App Purchase

jdod

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I briefly had an iPhone 4s, 6 months or so, in between my webOS Pre breathing its last breath and waiting for the Galaxy Note 2 to arrive at Sprint. In December, I got the GN2 and handed down my 4S to my daughter. Have not used an apple product since.

Today a $53.11 charge from the Apple Itunes store his my debit card. This charge was unauthorized so I emailed Apple. Without question, they began the reversal process, good on them.

Though they would not tell me WHO made the charge, they would tell me that it was an in app purchase from the app "Clash of Clans". Though I never downloaded any games to my 4S, I understand this game is very popular.

Anyway, Apple disabled my iTunes account, which for now I don't need anyway.

The entire time I had the 4s, it was joilbroken. I did a clean installation after a complete wipe of the phone at the Apple store, and checked, my daughter's iTunes account is the one in the phone now.

Anyone imagine how this happened?

Rodville

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Just a total shot in the dark but someone got ahold of your email address and guessed your password and went to town downloading.

I try to never underestimate what a thief can do even with the smallest bit of personal info.

Sent from a small keyboard with fat fingers using the iMore app.

jdod

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Rodville, I suppose that's possible, though so many things had to align just right to work. Who knows.

I am wondering about any vulnerabilities as a result of the jailbreak and apps I installed through Cydia. I used only recommended sources, but maybe there was something that happened there.

I sure wish I could know who did this, I would have a good time with that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2